EU court rules fatness now officially a disability

Wood wasp

It is in most cases a lifestyle choice not a disability. I do feel angry when I see a family of weebles walking through the supermarket, filling their trolley with processed crap, but what makes me really angry is seeing those poor fat kids who are being fed this rubbish by parents who can't be bothered to peel vegetables, but would rather turn the deep fat fryer on or stick something in the microwave.

Often, they can't even wait to get home, but sit in the car park filling their faces with crisps or ready cooked chicken, or whatever comes out of the carrier bag first.

Sorry, I'm normally quite liberal.

Deep breaths Bren:thumbup:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is in most cases a lifestyle choice not a disability. I do feel angry when I see a family of weebles walking through the supermarket, filling their trolley with processed crap, but what makes me really angry is seeing those poor fat kids who are being fed this rubbish by parents who can't be bothered to peel vegetables, but would rather turn the deep fat fryer on or stick something in the microwave.

Often, they can't even wait to get home, but sit in the car park filling their faces with crisps or ready cooked chicken, or whatever comes out of the carrier bag first.

Sorry, I'm normally quite liberal.

Amen. Fat kids = child abuse.

You don't even need to peel some vegetables, and they can be cooked in the microwave if you wish!

i personally don't have a hate of fat people i know loads of fat judo players and they are certainly not lazy or un fit, so the way i see it is theres no shame in being fat, what its not ok to do is get fat on tax payers money not work then claim your disabled from being to fat, when in fact you are a self inflicted self disgrace.

It really annoys me when people moan that they can't afford to eat good food because it's much cheaper to eat crap. And then they back this up by quoting 2 for 1 offers and the price of frozen pizzas and such like. We had a really nice, nutricious curry last week, cooked from fresh ingredients. We worked out it cost £5 in ingredients and it fed 3 adults for 2 evenings meals and we still had a portion left over to freeze for the future. There is no way you could feed the same people as much, for that sort of money buying all this supposedly cheap, junk food.

Just read your link Kevin, how can there be over 11m registered disabled in the UK? that's 1 in 6 of the population! As for 5.7m working age adults registered disabled, where are all these people?

Also noticed this wee gem

*Working Age: men aged 16-64 and women aged 16-59

**State Pension Age: men aged 65 and over and women aged 60 and over

I'm very much for sexual equality and believe most women don't get paid the same as they simply don't ask for more cash at appraisals etc, (my sample is admittedly small - 2 ex girlfriends) however I found their attitude interesting. Anyway it looks like they get to knock off work 5 years earlier too!

That's a lot of voters!

I read a statistic once that said if all the fat people in the world jumped up and down at the same time the world would fall off!

Thank MacDonalds they are just too lazy.:thumbup1:

Btw I'm not ant fatist, there are a few funny ones.

That's a lot of voters!

I read a statistic once that said if all the fat people in the world jumped up and down at the same time the world would fall off!

Thank MacDonalds they are just too lazy.:thumbup1:

Btw I'm not ant fatist, there are a few funny ones.

True, but you expect all fatties to be jolly, but many are a real disappointment :thumbdown: