Article research - How much do you charge for a days work?

Rob D

Has anyone on this thread wildly exaggerated a day rate to bamboozle any competition who may be reading?.....:sneaky2:

i must admit i did ask my self was that going to happen when i first saw the thread , but i guess most people on here that work in the same area as other people on here probably already know who charges what IMO

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thouhgt i would add this ,i recently priced to remove a s/b tree & stump ,me & the lad 1.1/2 max £150 lost job to ivgotacabstar so he starts him & 2 lads no chipper/ no grinder took them 4 hrs to complete the job .hes under cut me fair enough but how can he make that job pay, no ppe or signs !!! lets say he got £140 3,men half a day !!! thats why theres no chipper & no grinder & he costs him to tip it :confused1:done 4 small conifers & stumps on my own this afternoon & £150 thats just me :001_tongue: & that took me an hr & a half

Edited by Johny Walker

the most i have made in a week is 11.5k with me my mog and one groundie, but it took 3 months to get paid and nearly put me in a grave with worry and rage. and i have had days where i have had repair bills for nearly 4k. an even keel would suit me better but some jobs come your way that make you money some dont, the wind can be on your side where a full days lowering takedown can go in a gutsy balls out fell. and other days you can break a fence or pull down a bt line, get a parking ticket or puncture.

all i know is as the years go on, the trees get smaller, the buzz gets less and the job gets easier. its not the trees that are hard to cut down its the running of your life and job together in harmony that is difficult. once you get that bit sussed it should be plane sailing

The 2 lads probably got £20 each (not bad on top of your giro!) and matey felt good putting £100 in his pocket.... (on top of his sickness benefit!)

Ridiculus but they're out there. Why does joe public employ them? :confused1:

joe public doesn,t care until something goes wrong,cheap goes out the window when they realise that the guy they let loose on their conifer,doesnt even have tpfat insurance,you know who they will call next time,generally speaking those types of people only take on easy jobs,no skill required id rather loose it and do some proper tree work,but i do agree how can they make a living or are they just topping up a giro.

thouhgt i would add this ,i recently priced to remove a s/b tree & stump ,me & the lad 1.1/2 max £150 lost job to ivgotacabstar so he starts him & 2 lads no chipper/ no grinder took them 4 hrs to complete the job .hes under cut me fair enough but how can he make that job pay, no ppe or signs !!! lets say he got £140 3,men half a day !!! thats why theres no chipper & no grinder & he costs him to tip it :confused1:done 4 small conifers & stumps on my own this afternoon & £150 thats just me :001_tongue: & that took me an hr & a half

Probably fly tips to be honest

the company i work for is £370-£450 a day + disposal + extra for sensitive targets and other milkable factors :D, most work is within a few miles 10-15 at most. Thats 2 people, transit tipper, no chipper in the south east.

so does anyone ste there prices lower for larger companies that give them a higher percentage of work ?? ie 450 per 2 man team with chipper would be 350 to the regular client ?? i have heard of a couple companies doing it up in devon , what do you guys think ??

I have different rates for Commercial and Domestic work. Commercial is aound £25 per man day less because most of my commercial is Estate, LA and National trust and this is carried out on a trust/dayrate basis. This means no quoting involved but I do charge for any site visits or time taken to arrange these works though. This type of work is 30-50% of our turnover and I feel it is fair to reduce costs involved for these clients due to the ammount of work they put ourway and the time I save by not quoting.