Article research - How much do you charge for a days work?

Rob D

ic trees prices sound about right to me ,theres a shortage of cash in cornwall at present and over pricing gets you nowhere.last year i was getting 8 out of 10 of the jobs i quoted for this year so far has been rubbish ,in cornwall no one wants to talk shop its very cloak and dagger,so unless you get jobs you quote for you never know wether your doing it wright or not,the variations in the prices being dicussed on here at present are staggering,my advice is stay where you are dont move to the southwest,cause youll go bust.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWB, I can see how a one-crew tree firm could make a 100k profit, but with one worker for only 3 days? You say its mostly domestic work and its the kit that can earn you `a couple of grand` in a day. What kit are you talking about or is it all in the pricing? Do you get income from anything other than tree work? Sorry if I`m being too nosey.

ic trees prices sound about right to me ,theres a shortage of cash in cornwall at present and over pricing gets you nowhere.last year i was getting 8 out of 10 of the jobs i quoted for this year so far has been rubbish ,in cornwall no one wants to talk shop its very cloak and dagger,so unless you get jobs you quote for you never know wether your doing it wright or not,the variations in the prices being dicussed on here at present are staggering,my advice is stay where you are dont move to the southwest,cause youll go bust.

try charging a little bit more and send the customer a disk with photo,s on as it,s a big thing to have photo,s from jobs:blushing:

just a thought would be a nice touch

Most customers send me the photos, not the otherway round. I recon if you do a good job you will be reccomended, I don't think a cd would make any difference to that. Image the extra time involved making a cd for evey job.

Sorry Bob, but for me I can't see it working

try charging a little bit more and send the customer a disk with photo,s on as it,s a big thing to have photo,s from jobs:blushing:

just a thought would be a nice touch

there are currently as many pictures of trees and jobs the dangerous brian has done on his cd as there are pictures of trees that your local LA get you up !:blushing: lol , so whats your take on pricing bob ??:001_smile:

there are currently as many pictures of trees and jobs the dangerous brian has done on his cd as there are pictures of trees that your local LA get you up !:blushing: lol , so whats your take on pricing bob ??:001_smile:

But very few of the infamous pine it seems.

So 7 hrs at £60 = £420

£420 x 4 days a week = £1' date='680

£1,680 x 40 weeks work a year = £67,200

Just under the £68 K vat threshold!

So it can be done!!!

But then, 4 days a week for three quarters of the year sounds a bit 'part - time' to me.....

Only kidding mate! They are your numbers, though. [/quote']

Hahaha,

You need to factor in a few other variables, the weeks when we only have three days in, the days when no matter how hard we try we can only get £240 in for the day doing "gardening" jobs. :001_tongue:

This is what I normaly aim for, + VAT.

Normal day rate:

2 man team £440 includes one load of waste (+£100 per extra load)

Extra men 100 for groundie or £150 for climber.

Some variation for difficult jobs, especially if damage is a high possibility!

SWB, I can see how a one-crew tree firm could make a 100k profit, but with one worker for only 3 days? You say its mostly domestic work and its the kit that can earn you `a couple of grand` in a day. What kit are you talking about or is it all in the pricing? Do you get income from anything other than tree work? Sorry if I`m being too nosey.

100k turnover mate, not profit.

i can cut a lot of stuff down mate, so i need a quick way of clearing my feet, a 6 inch to-behind and a transit could never keep up, in a 3 man team most guys will be working about 60% of there capability. have 2 guys and beast it, dont walk when you can run, if one hand is empty carry something else. it is all about being organised. and good at your job. i am usually cheaper than my competitors, i just do it quicker and more in a day.:001_smile: