which woodburning stove?

Silverwood

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which woodburning stove?

The problem with that question is that we are all going to claim that ours are the best. We are not going to admit that we bought a shoyte woodburner, are we?

All I can say is that I am happy with my Dunsley, whether it is better or worse than other makes, I have no idea. It heats my house.

I am actually slightly worried I won't be able to have the fire 'roaring' without stripping down to my pants.

Room is only 4x4m and the walls are groaning with Celotex.

Shoreditch is 5kw, but will take a 12" log which was important as I can get rid of snotty lumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

We can easily get the living room to 30 plus with the nominal 8kw Morso.

It is 5m by 5m plus a window bay, and that 30 deg is with the door to the stairwell open.

These stoves are really intended for Skandanivan style open plan houses, with the stove centrally located.

PS

Despite the 30 deg heat I have yet failed to get the wife to announce "Gosh, it is so hot in here I am going to have to take all my cloths off"

Still working on "Plan B" btw.

Marcus

Basically don't look any further than Woodwarm they are the best stove on the market at the moment by a long way, manufactured in devon near cullompton. You get what you pay for and these stoves are the best hands down.

Bit of a sweeping statement . :001_smile: There "claimed" efficiency is not as high as the Burley "claimed" efficiency .

Edited by Stubby

Ha ha yeah I know they re just fantastic stoves worth every penny and made to very high standards. I worked fitting stoves and every Independant supplier we ever dealt with rated them the same.

They look good . And I am sure they are good . Not the only gig in town though :biggrin:

No totally there are good stoves and bad stoves as with anything, plenty of good stoves on the market, obviously a lot comes down to personal preference on looks etc etc. could be the most efficient stove on the market but if you don't like to look of it.

What stove you running?