Makes a change from cutting up logs.

Woodworks

4 minutes ago, timbernut said:

Can’t remember what it’s called but the thing that used to be at the start of Tales of the Unexpected with pictures on inside going round?

Bingo. Its the outer part of a praxinoscope.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Not sure if eggs needs to pay up as his mate is pretty close. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Fair play Beau- that’s superb- sorry no idea what it is- but must have taken some working out to get the right measurements for the panels to fit the circumference symmetricallly.

Knowing the angles is the easy bit. They are 11.25 degrees but cutting could have been tricky. My table saw can tilt and has a gauge on it for the angles but only to the nearest degree. I set it to 11 and a bit and did a test with some gash softwood. These things normally take a bit of trial and error to set up but surprisingly got lucky and it was spot on first time. It had to be as the client has had one of these made by someone else but it was a bit squiffy in it's radius so he rejected it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

You have more patience than me ,all those fiddly little bits bloody nightmare ,it’s cool good job all those joints no gaps bloody well done

Thanks Mark. To be honest this was not too bad. The effort was in making sure the wood was machined perfectly flat and square and being fortunate to have a very accurate table saw.

Thanks Mark. To be honest this was not too bad. The effort was in making sure the wood was machined perfectly flat and square and being fortunate to have a very accurate table saw.
Wish my table saw was accurate, I dare only do basic straight cuts on mine. But then again I've only got a basic metabo site saw.

1 minute ago, harvey b davison said:
8 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Wish my table saw was accurate, I dare only do basic straight cuts on mine. But then again I've only got a basic metabo site saw.

If it makes you feel better I waited a long time before being able to purchase a precision piece of kit. Metabo kit is normally pretty good to be fair