Makes a change from cutting up logs.

Woodworks

like the ends beau, how did you do them?

All a bit of a cheat realy :001_smile:

Should have been straight forward only the welding was not very accurate so had to make some adjustments with wooden packers. These are bonded to the steel with resin and then wood glue between the packers and the legs.

DSC03228.jpg.9b8a893769db93527a3dc502e319ae5e.jpg

DSC03227.jpg.56949b2d92e32983aa37a0b4d740bb33.jpg

DSC03224.jpg.e000a32d38d08402265e1bfea1024217.jpg

• Like 2

That is absolute quality craftsmanship.

Its a pity you are so far away, i'd love to pay someone to give me some lessons on furniture building.

It really make me sad someone with that amount of skill can not charge more to make a descent living, dam the importers of cheap mass produced, laminated, CNC cut furniture. it is going to be a real problem in as little as 10 years time i think, general lack of high quality tradesman in this country.

out of interest what did you use to bond the timber to the steel? is it stable for a long time? did you have to 'rough up the steel or anything to give it a good key?

• Like 1

Finally finished the base of a dresser.

The wood is tulip that was cut, planked and dried by the client. Never rated tulip in the past and have only used it for jobs that were going to be painted but must admit the wood looks nice.

Still got to get around to making the top :001_rolleyes:

HI WOOD THATS TOP WORK:thumbup1: GREAT WORK MATE NICE :thumbup1:THANKS JON :thumbup:

Awesome work, love the table buddy :)

Cracking jointing, pretty difficult to get a decent joint of something like that without implementing some steel jointing..... which you did very well. It's got to be strong with the abuse tables get.

Nice work, hope you got what it and you were worth to build it, I always undercharge.....