the demon booze

miker

• 1 month later...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is still on the wagon ? :biggrin: been a few months now had a bottle of vodka and 6 pints of cider. I did not intend giving up but just feel better for it. Lost half a stone and not altered the eating just feel full from the water. Sleep through the night now as well. Still got energy in the evenings and not falling asleep at 9 pm.

I've been on anti biotics for a week so not had a drop, want to stay off it too and try and pull my eating into check too.

the trouble is I just really enjoy a drink, not for the feeling of being intoxicated, I like all sorts of drink, love me draught beers, wine, g&t in the summer, love my quality vadkas, whisky and brandy too. a couple of what every takes my fancy at the time with tea on a night is just enjoyable.

trying for 2 month off the booze

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Kids bought me 6 bottles of beer for my birthday a fortnight ago and 5 of them are still there, thats how big a drinker I am nowadays :laugh1: was a time when I would drink four cans or a good dose of whisky every night, never made any deliberate attempt to stop just doesn't seem to bother me anymore :001_cool:

Who is still on the wagon ? :biggrin: been a few months now had a bottle of vodka and 6 pints of cider. I did not intend giving up but just feel better for it. Lost half a stone and not altered the eating just feel full from the water. Sleep through the night now as well. Still got energy in the evenings and not falling asleep at 9 pm.

I'm still here.... ( well , on hols in sunny Spain :) ) that would have never happened if I was still drinking etc...

Hi all gave up the booze coming on 6 years ago now.

Was going to be my downfall. Came too close to losing my wife kids house etc etc......:thumbdown:

Now have my own business, feel great money in bank.:lol::biggrin:

My latest is smoking been on e cigs for 3 months now with no cheating.

Now just got to pack this in.

Just finding it harder than booze to stop.

Anyway point is if I can do it so can anyone. A big point I think is forging yourself for all the stupid things you have done!:blushing:

Cheers Richard.

Was going to be my downfall. Came too close to losing my wife kids house etc etc......:thumbdown:

Anyway point is if I can do it so can anyone. A big point I think is forging yourself for all the stupid things you have done!:blushing:

Cheers Richard.

Good post mate👍.

Cheers Richard.

Meant forgiving!