arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

It's the only 7.3 powerstroke diesel, Ste. I was warned to stay clear of the 6.0 that came a couple of years later.

You were warned correctly,the 6.0 can bankrupt a person in no time with the engine faults ,the 7.3 is by far the best engine .

I went for the 5.4triton f350 has they are like rocking horse .hite here .Has for a winch bumper I fitted a bull bar that bolts on to those huge mountings at the front towing eyes and then weld a mounting plate in .

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

Picked up a used custom built Rack with cupboards for the truck today. Slid on and bolted down just fine. Just need to add some aluminum checker plate behind the mesh so the chips don't blow out. On the whole it's getting there though. I'm keeping an eye out for some winch bumpers too, but no rush.

That's one neat truck RCO, keep the pictures coming!!

We will all be in these trucks soon, the Jap stuff gets bigger with every model change. Park a new ranger next to an old one :)

Bob

Is there any reason for this? Is it built in impact protection.

My ideal truck was the peugeot 504 because it was small with a large payload and LSD.

travelling on the M25 passing a convoy of old minis makes you realise how small they were compared with modern small cars.

Looks slick Reg! Do you fill it easily in a day by yourself? Plannig to visit the island soon, recommendations on places to visit?

Thanks Paddy.

Thanks Paddy. Yes I might do a couple of loads even, if theres lots of material to process.

A few noteworthy places to see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strathcona_Provincial_Park

Tofino | Destination BC - Official Site

A day amongst the giants at Carmanah Walbran Provincial Park | Off Track Travel

There's tonnes more. Not a big island so its easy enough to get around. Just find a 'places to visit' website and you cant go wrong. Gve me a call if you make it to Victoria 250 661 3183