T540xp bar and chain issues

dan494

This sounds most odd. I haven't thrown a chain on mine since I had it 8 months ago. There must be something else going on here

Same here and on the half dozen others we use over the least several months, yes the paint wears of quickly but it's only paint. Burring is no different from any other saw as part of its usual maintenance.

Another issue maybe? Poor oiling? We did chuck a few chains in the beginning as a little more fussy over tensioning and tightening of the bolt, but since no issues.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oiling is fine, uses it at a good rate. The bar feels like not up to scratch due to the speed it burrs and loses the paint, I don't know if that's a husky thing as never owned one before. Im wondering if the metal is softer and there's some flex there causing the chains to come off. This morning I checked the tension and ten minutes later it was off, dead chain, last spare and another order needed incase goes again next week!

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

Oiling is fine, uses it at a good rate. The bar feels like not up to scratch due to the speed it burrs and loses the paint, I don't know if that's a husky thing as never owned one before. Im wondering if the metal is softer and there's some flex there causing the chains to come off. This morning I checked the tension and ten minutes later it was off, dead chain, last spare and another order needed incase goes again next week!

Mine is just fine, no problems with bar or chain.

The paintjob is OK but the writing did rub off in under a week

I found the ONE Techlite bar I had that came with the saw to be made of Margarine .

The husky chain is pants it looks and feels like homeowners chain.

The bar..... Well I've used one of the lads 540 which has a Oragen bar on it and it felt more balanced and not as cheap (hard to explain unless you've tried both)

I've had the chain come off twice maybe the bars fault or my fault not sure but it's going back to get work done one it av spring bent and I'm sick of choking it to get it running when it's warm.

I'm quite disappointed by the saw if I'm being totally honest it let's me down at the precise moment I want to spear/cut away at a gob I've lost trust in it

So the 201 is out until it's either sorted or I've got my money back and I'll stick with the 201

Oh an unguarded chain makes all the difference like what we used to get several years ago before elf and saftey became the norm on chains

This last week or so I've had a similar issue, the chain does not come right off, just runs outside the bar on the bottom of the bar where it goes to the sprocket. I've noticed the chain runs on the very inside of the sprocket, rather than the middle.

But TBH today that was the least of my worries, while using the 540 on a sycamore dismantle I came to restart it and discovered a huge gap between the tank and saw body, the saw body attachment for the rear AV had snapped clean in half!!:thumbdown:

So I had to stop work and go home and get my 201, which also had a broken top handle, but at least they are still usable when this weak point breaks and its a cheap easy fix at £9 for the part.

The 540 is IMO utter garbage!!!:thumbdown:

Do you high clip your saw Huck?

The 540 does seem to suffer from a weak backside, chucking it down on the strop is off the menu for sure, but I've never done that anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Don't throw it much and when I do I catch the strop and slow decent. It had a brand new AV thats still perfectly straight. I'd only just had the new AV fitted and a new tank fitted!!:thumbdown: