T540xp bar and chain issues

dan494

Not with the amount of burring this saw causes! Can't even pull it straight. I've had chains come off of the 200t and got them back on again no problem. I think attempts to run this chain again would damage the bar rather than 'fix' the chain. As it's not been sharpened I will see if can get those links replaced when passing the dealer

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

wouldnt bother ,cost more than the chain is worth ,have you that it could be oparator error !!!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No issues with my tech lite bar, some little smudges and the odd scrape / patch of paint has come off. Running Oregon 91vx chain, has since stopped chattering like crazy...

The dealer is mention that the saw "likes a lot of choke" when I mentioned the ease of life with my 560 he commented that they are completely different machines. Not sure if it's something to with the carb, as I don't get any fuel / oil blowback on my 560 carb, but the filter in the 540 is always soaking.

Think I've figured the problem. Was using it just now and noticed the end of the bar didn't look right, took it apart and the tip has splayed out! Very poor. Photo attached

1401710647078.jpg.dd9d47c24274823b614fd99d3fa8b56d.jpg

Think I've figured the problem. Was using it just now and noticed the end of the bar didn't look right, took it apart and the tip has splayed out! Very poor. Photo attached

As I mentioned earlier . Mine did that all the way back to the mount ....

No wonder it's been chewing up chains, I can move the nose sprocket about 2 mm. Hope the new bar I ordered is there when I get home as have to shelve the saw until then

I went for the older type Husky bar . Better made slightly heaver but wont fall apart like the techcrap bars .

Mornin fellas. I noticed this thread yesterday and I am in the same boat as you are dan494. My t540xp chucked 2 chains on Saturday and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Until I read your post and saw the picture then this morning I looked at my bar. It has exactly the same problem it is splitting apart!! Have rang FR jones and son and told them and I have to send them pictures of the bar

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Arbtalk mobile app

They are definitely not up to the job. I've just put on the new oregon bar ready for the morning, haven't used it yet but can't be any worse. Is the bar covered by the warranty? I'm thinking that it's been like this since the saw way new as first happened on its second day out