T540xp bar and chain issues

dan494

I've been running a t540xp for about 6 weeks now and it's is far too often kicking the chain off and destroying the drive links in the process. I've been through about 5 chains since owning the saw and only sharpened one, once! Really tired of paying out for new chains. (yes the tension is correct) never happened with my 200t.

Does anyone have a recommendation to solve this issue? I'm running stihl chains and techlite bar, thinking of swapping the bar out as think it's the problem, but to what?

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit dubious when the paint fell off of it on the first job I did with it! Has some burring on it already too and hasn't been worked hard. Do you known if the Oregon bar is still the 52 links? Thanks

I know, the techlite bars are really soft. Yes it's still a 52 link chain for the Oregon bars. Even better change the chain as well to the non anti kickback ones and it'll be even better!

My Techlite bar de laminated from the sprocket nose back to the mount . Got a replacement husky bar of the older more solid type now . Running problems can be caused buy the bending lower AV spring . This puts tension on the impulse pipe initially pulling it and restricting it eventually tearing it or just plain pulling it strait off .

I've ordered yet another chain and an Oregon bar to go with it. Shame to have to do this already. I've only owned stihl (and some echos) before now and the bars last for years as does the paint!

I've been running a t540xp for about 6 weeks now and it's is far too often kicking the chain off and destroying the drive links in the process. I've been through about 5 chains since owning the saw and only sharpened one, once! Really tired of paying out for new chains. (yes the tension is correct) never happened with my 200t.

Does anyone have a recommendation to solve this issue? I'm running stihl chains and techlite bar, thinking of swapping the bar out as think it's the problem, but to what?

This sounds most odd. I haven't thrown a chain on mine since I had it 8 months ago. There must be something else going on here

That's why I'm thinking the bar may be at fault. Ive been checking tension more often than usual to prevent it and am running the stihl full chisel if that makes a difference

That's why I'm thinking the bar may be at fault. Ive been checking tension more often than usual to prevent it and am running the stihl full chisel if that makes a difference

I think the bars are crap ...based on my short experience of the thechlite bar . So yea could be a bar issue .