Dealers guarantee

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so...

Our Agricultural dealer who supplied our tractor checked what they could and observed that the electrics had a great deal of verdigrises' probably caused by regular and over enthusiastic pressure washing. The also changed the large 30amp fuse even though it did not require changing and lo and behold the Lemon started and all functions ran normal.

When they rang us I was sceptic of their success as this fault is intermittent and totally random in it's nature and certainly nothing to do with a simple fuse.

Never the less we picked the Lemon up and once home took it for a spin around the yard before loading it onto the truck in order to complete one of the many jobs it has not made an appearance on.

1hour 30mins of driving to the job followed by 20mins of grinding before the machine cut out and the very same fault re-appeared.

Engine will start on manual not remote but no hydro power on any control, remote or toggle switch.

On the phone to Graham at Orange in Newcastle who as ever is professional sympathetic and helpful but the fault remains a mystery and tonight the Lemon sits in a paddock by a road covered with a groundsheet to hide it from the local travellers who have a site a few km's away.

The freewheel function does not work as before and so will make recovering onto our plant trailer a real trial.

Monday, I will call America and try to speak to a Carlton engineer to get another angle on what may be causing this fault.

The other choice is to go to the regional Carlton dealer from who I did not buy the machine from due to the significant difference in price and who will rape my wallet in smug revenge.

Ty

I have a garden tractor that grows green verdigri nr the battery and all over the back of the engine and I suspect it drains its battery so some sort of gradual leakage to earth somewhere.

Monday,

Tomorrow, I am going to try to drag the Yellow Lemon out of the corner of the paddock using a 2.2t Komatsu 360 then drag it onto the plant trailer.

Some pulleys may be involved...

The hydraulics are on a total shut down and the freewheel mechanism is locked solid.

Then once I have got it home I am going to speak directly to Carlton USA about this fault.

Then and only then and I going to take it to a repair shop as I have no wish to give any-one a licence to print money finding this intermittent fault.

I am furious about this situation and baffled that of the thousands of these machines sold globally no-one so far has the answer.

I'm on a week of shutdown to make business premises improvements so no further trade lost fortunately.

Ty

I feel for you Ty, if the engineer found a lot of verdigris you have electrical problems that will not improve, I would get an electrical engineer onto changing all affected connections, or go for a new loom, get the thing earning you money instead of hauling it about the place & having it break down all the time.

Target the problem, get it fixed, with a report, & go after the supplier for costs whilst the machine is back earning you money.

The choice of who you choose to look at your machine needs to be done with care!!

Many electrical engineers have no or little understanding of the working of electro-hydraulics and therefore should your problem arise from a solenoid valve sticking or a activating magnetic coil pack braking down it could be over looked and result in your pockets only getting lighter!!

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

Have you tried spraying every thing with a good quality contact cleaner.Not the WD 40 lube type but one that will remove the oxides which it sounds like you have plenty of. Good scrub with a tooth brush with plenty of the cleaner. If you get an improvement that might point you or whoever does the final fix in the right direction.

• 1 month later...

Well now, what do we have here...?

According to the technicians at ALM in Laval this is caused by water ingress from over zealous pressure washing. They conclude the relays where already in an advanced state of corrosion before when we took delivery of the machine.:sneaky2:

Other areas and components are also affected.

Some have been replaced, others have had their contacts cleaned.

Now remains to be seen if the well known U.K dealer I bought the machine from will put their hands up and admit there being faults all along.:001_rolleyes:

OR continue to deny any responsibility and continue to insist that it is operator error all along.:confused1:

The bill for the repairs and recovery will be posted shortly...

Ty

59766a6ab9db3_20140916_1737551.jpg.5e4b90703f31adf6e5e80df0f1a426c9.jpg

59766a6ab7de4_20140916_1737341.jpg.1242c748b7cb1bb8b196972d90b90a36.jpg

Well now, what do we have here...?

According to the technicians at ALM in Laval this is caused by water ingress from over zealous pressure washing. They conclude the relays where already in an advanced state of corrosion before when we took delivery of the machine.:sneaky2:

Other areas and components are also affected.

Some have been replaced, others have had their contacts cleaned.

Now remains to be seen if the well known U.K dealer I bought the machine from will put their hands up and admit there being faults all along.:001_rolleyes:

OR continue to deny any responsibility and continue to insist that it is operator error all along.:confused1:

The bill for the repairs and recovery will be posted shortly...

Ty

were there seals fitted to the bottom of the plug also is the harness sealed where it goes into the side of the connector these plugs are notorious for water damage you wouldn't need a pressure washer to get water into them a slight bit of drizzle would soak these they are crap if you are changing the solenoids try to get different solenoids and change the connectors to deutsch or superseal