New Stihl online policy

Stihl dealer in Scotland

If a dealer has time to ring up other dealers pretending to be joe public and report them to Stihl surely they have far too much time on their hands which could be better spent on other things? Or maybe it's a Scottish thing

It aint a Scottish thing :thumbdown: It's just that he thinks he's the enforcer of Stihl policy .

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have such a problem with this bloody policy if my local Stihl dealer was any cop, but they aren't . . ..I once tried ordering some full chisel chain and was told that the only type of chain available was semi chisel (although he didn't even know what that was called).

Last Stihl saw I brought I found the nearest Stihl dealer offering the cheapest price (actually cheaper than Jones) and drove the hour there to pick it up and the benefit to me as a customer of picking it up in person, well I had the manager wearing only pointy shoes and a suit as PPE start it up and rev it for me . .. to, well demonstrae it did so I imagine:confused1: What a load of s***

"Can't understand the warranty issues , go to back of queue, not doing it as you didn't buy it with me.... Money is money at the end of the day."

They do not take in to consideration fault finding, cleaning or stripping the machine in the first place. Also the labour rate paid is usually below that of the dealers labour rate.

The shortfall comes from the 'retained profit'.

£30 will not go far.

You are spot on Matty, its all about convenience, I have 3 kids and run a business which has grown significantly in recent years, My time is so precious, I have to find enough work to keep 2-3 squads busy, looking at a lot of jobs, fix kit as fast as my guys can break it, help out on jobs where i can and try to spend time with my family too. I can click an ad here--> and buy whatever I need right now at half 10 on a sunday…….. that is priceless to me, even if the local dealer was as cheap as Jonsies I'd still buy on line…...

I can see that buying on line helps I had to buy new bearing for my workshop bandsaw the place I go to is about 40 mins away I know he is not the nearest or the cheapest but I know he will have the bearings I need in stock and if I need to have then sent they will be there next day

It the same with the supplier I use for drills I know if I need a obscure size they will ether have it or get it next day for me they are about 30 mins away but they will also send them next day delivery if I can't get there

I think the Stihl is not good as I know if I wanted a part an could not get to the dealer I would want it sent

Sent from my iPod touch using Arbtalk

"My time is so precious".

So is mine mate, and that's why I ain't doing your warranty at the drop of a hat!!

Selling is a customer facing activity. There are two ways to get repeat custom - a positive experience for the customer or a monopoly. The sentiment expressed above suggests that you may prefer the latter - it should perhaps not be much of a surprise that customers, on the whole, do not, and are therefore unlikely to believe that you intend to offer good customer service. As such, perhaps it is wise not to disclose which 'dealership' you represent.

Alec

Sorry lads but this is not a consumer issue really,Imean Lets face itits a dealer problem…. unless the saws sold online are falling out the back door in Germany Stihl is selling them to someone at discounted prices.they then sell on on the internet!

Am i correct?

So it should not be an issue for us but for their own political structure.

It is another greedy company trying to screw every penny they can out of us,

I will buy a saw and maintain it myself,because there is not a competent service to do this, i have to wait 3 weeks to have parts arrive to my dealer,who will not tell me they are in, not bad feelings just lazy, when the parts do come they are usually incorrect,

So i buy the parts online and have them as quick as i like on my doorstep,and they are exactly what i ordered….. Do you know why this works? Because the guy on the internet knows how to run a cost effective business.

Now don't get me wrong but we have had a change in dealership in the area and i asked about parts, his reply which i completely understand was how could i stock parts for all the models for the last 10 years? so what is a guy to do? I cannot tell a customer sorry you will have to wait 3 weeks as i need parts…. id be out the gate on my ear, probably to a guy with a Husky! Another classic example Would be a yellow digger company that starts with J and ends with b…. I cannot for the life of me get the correct parts from the National agents, but with the same info the uk office can procure the right parts in 1/4 the time and 30 percent cheaper after currency conversion, all from my phone…

Survival of the fittest… if you want to Play a serious game you have to have a serious team. and I do not care about company policy i Will Buy where I get SERVICE. Not where some paper pusher tells me. i am getting really annoyed with this purely because of the lazy ineptitude of individual dealers. Not all just some…… Apoligies to all the good guys out there it is not aimed at you just the bad eggs!

Edited by Sandworks