Bloody fox!

Farmerdowling

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds bloody hard work. Is it not easier to create fox proof stuff? I know they're pretty crafty and I'm not talking about lazers and CCTV, but like concrete floors and stronger pens etc?

Don't think you quite have the right idea you can't put concrete floors in those sorts of pens. It is hard work but it does give results for other wildlife the rspb shoot a lot of foxes on the reserves they manage.

I have a flat on a friend's property, his kids keep chickens, geese, ducks, partridges and rabbits, lots of foxes as it is on the edge of a largish town near gatwick.

There is always a large cage trap baited at the end of the garden (its about an acre), we get on average at least one a month, its my job to despatch them with a .410, which we have permission to do from the local firearms officer, as it is more humane than using a 12flb air rifle. (tried it once, never again.)

I have a flat on a friend's property, his kids keep chickens, geese, ducks, partridges and rabbits, lots of foxes as it is on the edge of a largish town near gatwick.

There is always a large cage trap baited at the end of the garden (its about an acre), we get on average at least one a month, its my job to despatch them with a .410, which we have permission to do from the local firearms officer, as it is more humane than using a 12flb air rifle. (tried it once, never again.)

The only reliable way to kill something like a fox with a normal air rifle would be to club the poor sod to death :thumbdown:. Horses for courses. :001_smile:

That's a nice stamp of dog, what line is it? Looks like a bit of wheeler blood or g jones?

Hi mate

I'm a local terrier man so need a dog that does the job, he came to me as a pet, kept fighting as killing cats, chickens whatever he could, just needed to be worked and that he does well as the scars show,

His mother was nuttal lines an amazing ratter, videos are on u tube, father is dead now after a long digging career he is Stevens lines,

Believe me that picture does him no justice, his muscle definition is a lot greater in real life, he's a stamp of a dog with a bit of staff in somewhere on the line,

also have a nice lakey bitch coming on and a Russell dog,