Day rate for good Climber?

edbol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good money. I guess if you're charging that though, not only do you have to be the dogs danglies, but you're only going to be doing big stuff as it would price you out of doing any smaller stuff. Doing the big stuff all the time, while fun, is going to take its toll on your body. Fair play to the guy though.

I have been reading this thread with interest as I use contract climbers all the time. I find them to be less hassle most of the time, they turn up with the kit needed, do the job and go home. The 2 lads I use are very good at their job but that's what they do everyday so I expect them to be good. I have had a climber that couldn't get any higher in the tree without spikes? I've had the lads straight from 38/39 and couldn't even get the rope in the tree, the stories go on and on. If a contract climber is crap or has a crap attitude then they won't get much work so its in their interest to be top of their game. Rigging is a big part of the job now and having a climber that can rig fast turns and knows what he is doing is great. The going rate seems to be £140-150 round my way. I'm looking at trying a new guy in a couple of weeks as James the guy I use is off to Norway to work, the other guy I use, Steve has his own tree company so getting him can be difficult so now looking for a couple of new guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Very rarely use them, anything big I do and smaller stuff I get my two guys to do, there's plenty of wanna be climbers out there that think there worth 150 cos they turn up eith a topper but in reality not a lot of good climbers that are truly wort it. Am not knocking top climbers on here and there are plenty am talking round me.