Whats in the lunchbox

BeanWoody

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually a sandwich, small bag of crisps, couple of bits of fruit, cereal bar or two. There's usually one of those Heinz soup tube things or a mug shot in there too but it depends how hungry I am as to whethr I bother.

It's better than it used to be, used to always be two bags of crisps, no fruit and usually a couple of bars of chocolate.

Sometimes I'll have some mixed seeds and dried fruit but not that often, or sometimes a handful of peanuts for in between.

I try to keep something for mid afternoon but it doesn't always work.

What usually scuppers it is if we go past the farm shop on a morning and end up eating pasties for breakfast, or if there's a chippy nearby at dinner time.......

Scrub clearing usually sees us dine well - Friday we had Jacket potatoes with cheese and a tin of spagetti bolognese on top and a couple of sausages all done in the embers :thumbup1:

Porridge for 2nd breakfast with a spoon of honey in it with coffee, soup in a flask for lunch with yogurt and coffee then normally fruit, cereal bar and more coffee for mid afternoon.

Recently discovered the packs of pre cooked flavored rice from aldi, wedge it down the side of the chipper engine or tractor for about 25min and it's piping hot and very tasty or mix in a tin of tuner if it's a big callery burn day.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Are they them self heating cans like the 1s they tried selling coffee in a few years back but never took off because we all know what lukewarm flask coffee tests like, berk!

Had some self heating army ration bags once, well tasty but would have been expensive if we'd had to pay for em ;)

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Usually pasta salad, homemade salad, tin of mackerel in sauce and some bread and butter for a change and just recently Mrs csservices has been making me quiches she's just perfected a chorizo, yellow pepper and red onion one :thumbup: oh and always have a scotch egg or pork pie for second breakfast :laugh1:

Flask of hot butchers sausages and bread baps for 10 o'clocks, another flask with hot stew, chilli, bolognese or curry for dinner (more bread). Flask of coffee, two litres of water, banana, apple and pear, mixed fruit and nuts.