Log burners, questions etc

swinny

Hi Swinny

I can recommend the Franco Belge 'Camargue' and the Euroheat Harmony 43 stoves. I've now had a Camargue for 15 years and the Harmony 43 for 10. Never had to do a thing to either apart from a sweep out/clean. Both go through the night depending on the wood and loading etc.

I bought the Harmony from the Batley Barless Fire in Batley. They have a great range and gave good advice to me. It would be worthwhile having a chat to them. Batley Barless / Firestove - Quality Stoves, Woodburning and Multi Fuel Stoves, Cheap Woodburning Stoves

One other thing - think about a flat top stove so you can cook on it - saves gas/leccie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly random question for those that have a log burner that heats water as well as providing direct heat. What do you do in Summer when you want a shower / hot water?!

Just a thought...

Hi,

We have a Rayburn 216M cooker - only rated 5Kw but heats the kitchen, a radiator, towel rail & a Newark cylinder for hot water, this is specifically designed for uncontrolled heat sources & works very well loads of hot water & no electrics to make it work.

In the cylinder we specified an additional coil & connections for thermo tubes we intend to fit this spring for solar heated water in summer.

N

No one mentioned Town & Country stoves of Pickering NYorks yet then?

Rosedale 7.5 (multi-fuel, Defra, 316 lined, air vent, dry logs only) warms our entire house as the brick built chimney is central so heats all downstairs (open plan) and 2 bedrooms upstairs as the entire stack warms and radiates log into the early hours.

Heck knows how hot it would get with coal?

Shear quality and chuffed to bits with it, unless its only me humpin logs from base to home :/

Slightly random question for those that have a log burner that heats water as well as providing direct heat. What do you do in Summer when you want a shower / hot water?!

I assume you still have to light the burner, but doesn't that make the living room (or wherever the stove is sited) uncomfortably hot? Or would you light the burner early in the day, heat a storage tank or thermal store, then shower from that as and when needed with the stove off and the living room cool? Just a thought...

Light the stove!!! or bath in cold water:biggrin:

in summer i like steph would light the stove for a quick top up of hot water as our stanley is plumbed to heat water in the tank first then when thats upto temp does radiatirs all governd by a cheap pipe heat sensor valve wired into the pump

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

No one mentioned Town & Country stoves of Pickering NYorks yet then?

Rosedale 7.5 (multi-fuel, Defra, 316 lined, air vent, dry logs only) warms our entire house as the brick built chimney is central so heats all downstairs (open plan) and 2 bedrooms upstairs as the entire stack warms and radiates log into the early hours.

Heck knows how hot it would get with coal?

Shear quality and chuffed to bits with it, unless its only me humpin logs from base to home :/

You must have a lot of heat going up your chimney if it gets the stack that hot.

I've got the Bonnie from Champion Stove Company in my office at work and it's a cracking little stove:

Champion Stove Company

It's so good that I've decided to commission a monster stove for the house (our Bullerjan, as good as it is, just isn't quite large enough). Martin Champion builds all the stoves himself, the quality is excellent and the price superb. The 7kw Lightning, with the 'starburst' pattern glass door is £285. Being a British chap with a small business, I like to support other British chaps with small businesses.

Jonathan