Aching joints

wisewood

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could try an Epicondylitis Clamp, goes around upper forearm if that makes sensce, not cheap~£25. But it does work used one for years plus as your approaching my age 51 glucosamine and condritin as others have suggested to ease the wear and tear.

Si, stay away from the Cortisone if you can, it can be a short term fix. Get yourself a couple of neoprene supports to keep the joints warm when your working.

Some people use ice packs to reduce the inflammation, I find that Thai boxing linament (which can be very hot) works for me.

Aldi had some supports in last week.

Omega 3 oils help me, cheap as chips too, for elbow pains particularly caused of lots of climbing. When I don't take them it soon returns.

We started giving them to our eldest rottie, she's around nine and like lots of big dogs started to appear stiff when moving. She shown a remarkable change over the last year and her coat looks shinier:laugh1:

Rehabilitation for Tennis Elbow

The bottom image on the LHS sort of shows where to massage, and massage is a bit of an understatement.

Tennis elbow seems to occur when gripping with the arm flexed, just like when using a climbing saw one handed. The muscle/tendon collection on the top/inside of the forearm becomes calcified and to grip or straighten the arm becomes painful. This is down to the tendons trying to work against the calcification. The massage involves digging your thumb in, (from the other hand), where it's painful and working side to side combined with stretching.

Works for me.

Sometimes it's so painful, the massaging, it makes me feel sick. Keep at it though. little and often.

I've had cortisone jabs in elbow and shoulder as a result of work related injury. They were a short term fix in my case and I now only take tablets when I really need to it's better to live with the pain than the after effects of pain killers. There's a [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Health-and-Care-Epicondylitis-Clasp/dp/B006ZJBGYE]clasp on amazon[/ame] for not much money might be worth a try. I was putting a new satellite cable up yesterday and using the hammer up a ladder clipping cable up has left me with some interesting aches today.