Emergency Callout Charge (again)

The guy didn't ask to give him a lecture about drinking and driving. He asked what he should charge for a call out. Up to him and his look out if he wants to drive and work over the limit. Why does it always have to go of subject on these posts when someone asked a simple question. Just tell him what he should be charging. I said £150 call out and £250 for the job total £400 min.

Absolutely. After all, it's not as though anybody else could be affected by his actions, is it? :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No mention he drove, just assumption, if he did drive then he needs his goolies tying in a knot, then smearing with dog food and ferrets let loose on them :biggrin:

Using a saw in that state is just as bad IMO. I do like the idea of the ferrets though, Dean. Have you tried contacting the CPS with your suggestion? :biggrin:

No mention he drove, just assumption, if he did drive then he needs his goolies tying in a knot, then smearing with dog food and ferrets let loose on them :biggrin:

I strongly objected to this comment, not fare on the ferret :P

Driving aside a saw in the dark is bad enough without the reaction slow down of alcohol......

£350 fir the lot with a nice line saying you hope they will consider you for future works, job done walk away.

I wasn't suggesting he drove, I hope he didn't.

My point was the drink drive limit is there because it isn't safe to drive over the limit. Nor would I consider it safe to operate a saw.

It was hardly a lecture and if he tells us he'd "had a few" it was deserved.

Answer in those circumstances should have been "sorry I am not available until morning" send the housekeeper home in a taxi.

I agree! Put in a keen price, they may then see the other fella is more expensive and begin using you?

Why?

Don't you think that's underhand and therefore dishonest trading.

Doing an excellent job at a fair honest price is what wins me repeat work not putting in a cheap price to make others look expensive

I agree! Put in a keen price, they may then see the other fella is more expensive and begin using you?

Exactly, the original post must be interested in more work and who wouldn't be?

"Re: Emergency Callout Charge (again)

Why should that matter?you gharge accordingly and a fair price for the job to be done. end of.Being cheap is't a good way to go. The word get's around quickly and the public are more sensitive about anything that's cheap. £400 minium for a cal lout and 2 men.who would gharge less?"

£400 may be a fair price, I'm not saying you have to be mr cheap, but it's all the bells and whistles that you can bring to the job that may help bring in work in the future (eg turning out in the rain on a Friday night at short notice)