Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

The best things about fixed grabs is being able to turn brash vertically in tight spots for stacking or chipping,

Also you can really ram it into brash heaps and grab stuff vertically and mallipulate branches better.

The intermercato has loads of power too for breaking forks ready for the chipper.

I did break my first rotator

[ATTACH]221678

Have you had any issues bending the grab shells? I've got a Cranab timber grab (which to be fair is built very strong for what it is) fixed on a 6 tonne machine and it doesn't like abuse to be honest. I'm going to replace it with a demo grab that closes tip to tip as they are much much stronger - timber grabs are designed to free-swing and in my experience can't handle twisting forces.

Plenty have got themselves a fixed head stuck on a timber grab and made themselves a metal birds nest when used under a Tiltrotator!

Once you start getting the force from that bucket ram introduced, things get found out very quickly!

If you're aware, make sensible steps to beef them up before use, and simply don't go mad then it can work out no problems.

I'm still sruggling to find anything that really matches the Intermercato range of Tiger grips for excavator applications.

If you look in Europe they favour big box tyne designs that have limited range of opening and a lot of weight. The American kit is nice, but they think a 20 tonner is a mini excavator, so perhaps still a gap in the market for nice hardox tyne grabs with worm drive rotators that are most suited to excavators.

Eddie.

Them Pro Dem grabs are 3 times the cost of tigergrip

So far i've not bent mine even picking up some sizable timber, I have to have tined as alot of what i do is chipper feeding and I hate demo grabs for brash feeding, there numb and smash up the brash to much

This happened to my rotator but approved air freighted me out a new one super quick and upgraded me to a bigger one with no cost [ATTACH]221707[/ATTACH]

Them Pro Dem grabs are 3 times the cost of tigergrip

So far i've not bent mine even picking up some sizable timber, I have to have tined as alot of what i do is chipper feeding and I hate demo grabs for brash feeding, there numb and smash up the brash to much

This happened to my rotator but approved air freighted me out a new one super quick and upgraded me to a bigger one with no cost [ATTACH]221707[/ATTACH]

It's just different techniques to use a Selector grab for the job. I work with a lot of guys and the ones used to simply grabbing at with a timber grab and closing it tight are usually lost with how to most effectively use something like a Selector grab which although not perfect can bring other benefits.

I've seen the Pro Dem and that's a nice setup, but the rotate won't hold solid like a worm setup.

I think there's still more to come in the market.

Eddie.

It's just different techniques to use a Selector grab for the job. I work with a lot of guys and the ones used to simply grabbing at with a timber grab and closing it tight are usually lost with how to most effectively use something like a Selector grab which although not perfect can bring other benefits.

I've seen the Pro Dem and that's a nice setup, but the rotate won't hold solid like a worm setup.

I think there's still more to come in the market.

Eddie.

Which selector grab and rotator would you recommend for an 8 tonne machine?

Ive got a could of jobs coming up where i have to separate different materials on site