Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

10 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Looking at the E20 though it’s basically based around a 1.8t machine . Same engine,tracks, reach etc. I’d have thought it would be well worth spending the extra £5k to get the E27 instead if it’s that good. Turning up with let’s say a Kubota Kx18-4 @ £18k will do the job that the E20 could do, whereas capability difference jumps massively once your up to 2.8t etc.

Apparently the E20 is basically a ZTS E19. So that's true enough, but comes down to transportability and access in the end. 2 tone machines are very much an oddball- I'd imagine a Kubota U-20 is a lot more than their basic 1.5t?

The E19/20 is a much higher spec than the E17, much the same as the E27 is much higher spec than an E26. Larger engines, more capacity. The E27 has 1km/h faster tracking than the E26. Might not sound like much but tracking requires huge hydraulic capacity. It's the premium machine in the range, they do cheaper ones but not sure if the E17 can come with cab.

You can spend even more on an E19/20 if you want, and have a 'comfort pack'- air seat and the boom swing on a porportional rocker. I'd happily put down the extra 1k for that were I buying one. I think Jack might have ticked that option too ?

I've bought on price before though- the Hyundai was shortlisted due to price (£14.5k from memory) and a decent demo won me over with it's silky smooth hydraulics. Shame the dealers gave such shit backup, and shame I needed so much backup.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Andrew Badham Engcon UK for a quote on S type Hitch and Buckets or Aaron at Pladett UK will get you anything SMP or EMA in S type.

Eddie.

I’ve been waiting for 2 1/2 months for an Engcon quickhitch - apparently it was shipped from Sweden last Tuesday (10 days ago) but still hasn’t arrived with Engcon UK.

It’s either being carried from the factory on foot in a pensioner’s rucksack or someone somewhere is telling fibs...

I ordered a SMP quickhitch from Sweden 3 years ago and it was delivered to my home address in 2 days. 

I needed a part for my Rototilt last week and got it the next day. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Bit of a derail- but what’s going on with plant hire companies at the mo. Hewdens have just gone bust, and WH Bonds (a bigger hire firm round here) have packed it in. Also just heard Eagle plant have gone too. I mean plant hire seems to be a bit of a race to the bottom to me- is it all coming to a head?

Not sure, but I have seen a trend recently with crusher hires, more domestic users of late than commercial. 

Digger hire seems to be the one thing that has stayed stagnant price wise for the past 20 years ago.

You could hire a 1.5toner for £60 for a day, and that seems to still be the same price now! 

22 hours ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Cheers for that ? so it's a decent price then I might leave the tilt hitch and just buy a tilting grading bucket once I start earning with the machine 

I've drove jcb volvo takeuchi and Hyundai along with bobcat and bobcat have been the most comfortable and smooth to operate I really like the key code security system instead of keys as I'm really bad at putting keys down and forgetting where I put them ? I'm going to go and see them on Monday and see what I can sort out with him about different accessories ect 

Cheers 

Jack 

It’s amazing what you can do with a powertilt hitch though compared with just a tilting grading bucket. Because the hitch tilts so much it’s easy to pour material accurately by tiliting a full grading bucket up, or putting a small trenching bucket in it you can work it underneath stuff- be creative with it etc, also if you wear the bucket out it’s cheap enough just to buy a standard replacement bucket, the actual hitches though are very robust- I know someone who has put 11000 hrs on one and still in daily use.

27 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

It’s amazing what you can do with a powertilt hitch though compared with just a tilting grading bucket. Because the hitch tilts so much it’s easy to pour material accurately by tiliting a full grading bucket up, or putting a small trenching bucket in it you can work it underneath stuff- be creative with it etc, also if you wear the bucket out it’s cheap enough just to buy a standard replacement bucket, the actual hitches though are very robust- I know someone who has put 11000 hrs on one and still in daily use.

I think I'll just keep it with the tilty would much rather have it and not need it than the opposite plus its interest free as its been said if I can't hire it out 2 days a month there's something definately wrong I hire them in more than that ?

Jack 

6 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’ve been waiting for 2 1/2 months for an Engcon quickhitch - apparently it was shipped from Sweden last Tuesday (10 days ago) but still hasn’t arrived with Engcon UK.

It’s either being carried from the factory on foot in a pensioner’s rucksack or someone somewhere is telling fibs...

I ordered a SMP quickhitch from Sweden 3 years ago and it was delivered to my home address in 2 days. 

I needed a part for my Rototilt last week and got it the next day. 

Should have said you were looking a S type hitch??

7 hours ago, Cullion Plant said:

Should have said you were looking a S type hitch??

Farkinell!!! 

Engcon had a great show offer on a hitch and 3 buckets at Plantworks which tied in nicely with buying the Bobcat - I never ever thought it would take so long and be wrapped up in such wishy-washiness though...

Don’t get me started on the muppetry from Approved Hydraulics over the Femac flail either Aiden - they are really taking the piss now to the point where I’m considering asking for my money back.