4 x 4 for the wife

Gray git

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an outlander on 57 plate for about 3 years, loved it. My missus drove it a lot and she really liked it too.

I would have another one in a flash but i needed something a bit more utilitarian.

Ended up with a rodeo which her indoors hates lol

The outlander is really comfy and great for bad weather/roads alike.

I would leave the transmission in 4wd auto all the time. It switches to 4wd automatically when traction is lost a bit, great when pulling away at greasy T junctions and roundabouts then switches back to 2wd so better on the juice.

Nice styling too.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Heard the Yeti is supposed to be good

They get great reviews and every time I walk past one I think to myself why don't they make a van version?

Surely it would make a brilliant all round small 4x4 van with pretty decent off road ability, that is currently just not available in any form at present?

Eddie.

Mr Git there is no point in asking what the best 4x4 is for Mrs Git on here. They would have Mrs Git driving about in a Mog. the truth is there are no bad cars made any more, most will get past the 200,000 mile mark with no problems at all. Is Mrs Git a careful driver?,something to consider if she is always ripping off the corners. She will be looking at how many potted plants she can stand up in the back and you will be wondering how it will fair up with the seats folded down and an old engine shoved in the back :) Budget will probably dictate what you end up with.

Bob

well the Yeti is good has a audi engine in it. or the roomster scout i bang on about the roomster but what a car trucks off road at present. customer needed logs loaded it up with a builders bag of logs and off i went with all seats in. they have so much room good on fuel will do easy 60mpg. and later ones now in lower emission bracket so cheaper to tax. so if it was me roomster or yeti

She is a very good driver, used to drive about in a transit mini bus as part of her job so size isn't a problem.

I'd like a yeti and it is a sham they don't do a commercial version as I think it would sell well but not big enough to get 2 kids sheets in the back and my arse inbetween if needbe.

We looked for an Octavia estate 4x4 but like rocking hos poo and she won't entertain the idea of a Scooby.

The more I look at it the more I like the outlander or the kia, disco would be nice but like said I spend enough time spanering the 130 And the rb44 without having another British built vehicles dripping oil On the drive ;)

She is a very good driver, used to drive about in a transit mini bus as part of her job so size isn't a problem.

I'd like a yeti and it is a sham they don't do a commercial version as I think it would sell well but not big enough to get 2 kids sheets in the back and my arse inbetween if needbe.

We looked for an Octavia estate 4x4 but like rocking hos poo and she won't entertain the idea of a Scooby.

The more I look at it the more I like the outlander or the kia, disco would be nice but like said I spend enough time spanering the 130 And the rb44 without having another British built vehicles dripping oil On the drive ;)

Have you got her to try a scooby? Mine wasn't too keen on driving the legacy but loves driving the sportwagon although frightens the life out of me!ImageUploadedByArbtalk1383510607.771546.jpg.a2d2455cc3ed8ebc1b9083877c985ba3.jpg