posting

John Shutler

id just like to take a moment to put across something I been thinking on over the last little while

consider how you are viewed from the outside.

Frankly ive been disappointed by some of the posting content of some the members of this forum for a little while.

when I became a mod of this forum I had a conversation about members posting with a fellow mod, his words were something along the lines of "would your nan want to read it?"

Now, I ask what would your nans, mums, kids and wifes think about certain comments? This isn't the pub and as such don't expect to spend my leisure time reading comments that are more suited to our spit and sawdust establishments.

Im not whiter than white but I do at least consider what I post on the internet, knowing that it will be preserved for all to read in the future, be it by your nans, mums, kids and wifes

thanks

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks john for posting, very valid point.

I would love it if we can now all move forward and stop with the bickering, the picking fault, and the general mightier than thou clever comments that put others down that has become very uncomfortable reading of late.

We are all on the whole, a genuine, friendly and helpful lot, so please can we behave as we would with our face to face friends and family. After all, for many of us, that's what this place is about.

id just like to take a moment to put across something I been thinking on over the last little while

consider how you are viewed from the outside.

Frankly ive been disappointed by some of the posting content of some the members of this forum for a little while.

when I became a mod of this forum I had a conversation about members posting with a fellow mod, his words were something along the lines of "would your nan want to read it?"

Now, I ask what would your nans, mums, kids and wifes think about certain comments? This isn't the pub and as such don't expect to spend my leisure time reading comments that are more suited to our spit and sawdust establishments.

Im not whiter than white but I do at least consider what I post on the internet, knowing that it will be preserved for all to read in the future, be it by your nans, mums, kids and wifes

thanks

Not sure where you're coming from here mate, this is a forum that is available to everybody on the planet with internet access, that's a lot of people!! Undesirable posts are always going to be there I would imagine.

At the same time I take your point, but only in an ideal world, which it's not!!!!!

John I feel this is a very valid point.

This is a forum, and debate is encouraged, but too many on here now are very quick with offensive and/or negative comments.

They are also the 'members' who have normally contributed no pictures, vids, tips or anything relevant themselves.

Arbtalk is not a Fascist state, it's a cracking website that relies on input from members.

It's not often I have to get serious.

Thanks.

Can you post some examples, John, Mark, Dave?

Being moderators you obviously read way more than most.

There's been lots of threads like this in the past that seem to have very little effect in the long run. So why not just give say 5 examples of the type of stuff you're not happy with?

Shouldn't offend anyone because you're only re-posting stuff that's been said already. Name the posters also....that way they too can consider whether or not it was an appropriate and good spirited contribution.

Getting stuff off you chest is all good and well, but without action or specifics its soon forgotten or even ignored altogether.