Husky T536 top handled battery saw update?

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep forgetting to buy an inverter for the car to charge it up in the day. Must do that this weekend. (Anyone recommend one?)

IIRC that charger requires 330W so even if it's 100% efficient it will draw 27 Amps at 12V, more than a cigar socket will stand and you'd need the engine running.

We already had a 020 and 201T between us, but I was holding out for the T540. Was having a pint or few with Bob down at Holmfirth and was easily persuaded to buy something shiny in the meantime.

It was delivered to the hotel and we used it through the CS41 course. Left Tim's Echos in the truck!

We had done a job at a BT call-centre a while before and they were a bit upset with the saw noise. Plus Stevie Blair had mentioned using his battery saw (Pelenc?) next to a care home.

So it keeps the noise down until it's time to fire up the chipper.

One purchase I certainly don't regret

I was getting drunk in he pub and I had my iPad with me.

:lol::lol::thumbup::thumbup:

We already had a 020 and 201T between us, but I was holding out for the T540. Was having a pint or few with Bob down at Holmfirth and was easily persuaded to buy something shiny in the meantime.

It was delivered to the hotel and we used it through the CS41 course. Left Tim's Echos in the truck!

We had done a job at a BT call-centre a while before and they were a bit upset with the saw noise. Plus Stevie Blair had mentioned using his battery saw (Pelenc?) next to a care home.

So it keeps the noise down until it's time to fire up the chipper.

One purchase I certainly don't regret

Sounds like if you have the need for one in those "special" places its more justified spending the extra.

If it all goes wrong though, you can still blame uncle Bob!:thumbup:

:lol::lol::thumbup::thumbup:

Sounds like if you have the need for one in those "special" places its more justified spending the extra.

Ours were bought for that, I used one pruning 3 80mm branches from around a light suspended from harness (Silky pole saw was too messy and awkward at full stretch) and thought it brilliant. My criticism was I found at full stretch in the rain my finger kept slipping off the trigger.

As we needed a quick start with heavy rain forecast I broke the rules and used it for some early pruning before the 8:00 deadline for starting engines, again I was impressed, used 2 batteries down to 1 green led on the two jobs.

IIRC that charger requires 330W so even if it's 100% efficient it will draw 27 Amps at 12V, more than a cigar socket will stand and you'd need the engine running.

I have a 1000 watt 2 socket from maplins hardwired into my defender, will comfortably run a 4.5inch grinder, electric drill and a cement mixer (not at the same time). I have left it on charging drill batterys overnihht by accident without flattening the battery:thumbup1: iv had it nearly 4 years aswell so good value too.

I have a 1000 watt 2 socket from maplins hardwired into my defender, will comfortably run a 4.5inch grinder, electric drill and a cement mixer (not at the same time). I have left it on charging drill batterys overnihht by accident without flattening the battery:thumbup1: iv had it nearly 4 years aswell so good value too.

Sounds good, I wasn't too worried about flattening the battery on the vehicle, as the total charge is only 108Wh, just the instantaneous current draw.

I'll have to find a similar inverter and the vehicle has two batteries with split charge anyway.