Husky T536 top handled battery saw update?

Old Mill Tree Care

Just received this from "consumer Support"

Further to your recent communication and comments regarding your intent to

post the email thread on Arbtalk.

You may note the disclaimer at the bottom of the email thread advising that

this correspondence is intended for the recipient only.

As you wish to take this route in resolving your issue, we have no

alternative but to cease communication in this instance and advise that any

future communication should be made via your local approved Husqvarna

service dealer, which can be located using the following link;

What a nice attitude and I guess what we have to expect from Husqvarna.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My email back to Husqvarna tonight is not subject to any restrictions on my part and may be copied and re-distributed as any interested party sees fit.

"Thank you for your email.

I had absolutely no doubt that an inspection of the battery would reveal no manufacturing defects that by themselves would cause the battery to drop from the T536LiXP chainsaw.

The issue is that when the battery is SECURELY mounted within the chainsaw, a bump on one of the latches can leave the battery in a partially insecure state. Subsequent pressure on the other latch, if bumped against something, then allows the battery to drop.

It has taken many working evolutions of the saw for this issue to come to light at my business, and you are aware that another business has also had batteries drop from their T536LiXP.

The issue you now have is that there IS a risk of this replicating and you have to decide whether you need to take engineering action to resolve the issue on the climbing version of this saw, by manufacturing a more effective securing latch. There is obviously no danger to treeworkers from a battery dropping from a back handled 536LiXP (unless it is used in a tree).

Myself and my colleagues will no longer be using the T536LiXP in the tree unless we have a secondary method of retaining the battery in place, eg tie-wrapping. This will be covered by an amended Risk Assessment.

I thank you for the replacement battery.

Yours sincerely, "

What are your thoughts Roni? Trading Standards or HSE?

Seeing it from their point of view; emails are generally kept private so I think it's a fair point. :001_rolleyes:

Thats absolutely fair. Your communications between yourself and them are just that...and not to be posted on Arbtalk or anywhere else IMO. If I was in discussion with you over a particular issue and you advised me that any replies I made were going to be broadcast online then I would take exactly the same stance that husqvarna have, and im sure 99.9% of of the people reading this would also

Edited by Steve Bullman

The problem was they were not communicating, not even to acknowledge receipt of my battery,

However if it is of NO interest to any others then I shall refrain for posting my opinions on Arbtalk and let other find out for themselves how we are treated after purchase.

Hey Roni, it's good of you to highlight the problem you've had with the saw as it may help other users take further safety precautions, with gaffa tape or whatever?? Completely understand that you are miffed that it's gone wrong & this must be frustrating..... give Husky the chance to do a thorough check, I'm sure they will be taking this seriously.

Cheers, steve :thumbup1:

Thanks Steve, nice to get some support.

No worries Roni, sometimes it's hard to get the right balance with sharing info on the internet and we all overstep the mark sometimes. Will be good to find out what Husky decide to do about it as I'm interested in the husky battery saws. Cheers, Steve

:thumbup1:

Thanks for sharing Roni, not only will this possibly save someone from injury but it is good to band together to get results. On another forum a guy was being jerked around on a $2,200 refund and it was going nowhere until posted about. All of a sudden it magically got refunded. Similarly another guy was getting jerked around by a dealer on a near new chipper regarding warrantee work and damage incurred while performing the initial fix. Once posted about and some other guys jumped in and made phone calls to the chipper manufacturer all of a sudden it is getting handled appropriately - to the manufacturers credit and that dealers shame.

I once supported a person who had been the recipient of domestic violence and went to every court appearance with them. Was surprised that they have a rule you can’t bring any form of recording device into the courtroom. I personally think that if you are afraid of facing your words on tape you shouldn’t abuse women and children, and if you’re afraid of facing your words in an customer service email you should step up and do whats right.

That being said, I highly suspect that Husky is busy doing a redesign on batt retention. (And that their legal dept. compels them to admit to nothing.) But that will only happen in a timely manner now and in the future if we keep the information flowing. Thanks Roni for posting about this and thanks Arbtalk for being the place for it all to come together.