Husky T536 top handled battery saw update?

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all very illuminating...

As one of the larger chainsaw companies, I would have assumed that Husky would have done everything in their power to get the customer happy long before it came to this stage??? Whether that came from just keeping the customer informed, or assurances that the matter is being looked into by the technical dept, doesn't really matter, but to just blank customer requests about keeping informed (especially as it's the second fault) stuns me.

On another note.

Not 100% sure of Husky's previous ventures into battery powered tools, or if there have even been any? but I'm sure that in comparison to the likes of Makita they will be a long way behind (in this particular field) as such, I'm surprised that no one seems to use Makita who have about 5 different top handled battery saws to choose from, and have a great record...:confused1:

This is all very illuminating...

As one of the larger chainsaw companies, I would have assumed that Husky would have done everything in their power to get the customer happy long before it came to this stage??? Whether that came from just keeping the customer informed, or assurances that the matter is being looked into by the technical dept, doesn't really matter, but to just blank customer requests about keeping informed (especially as it's the second fault) stuns me.

On another note.

Not 100% sure of Husky's previous ventures into battery powered tools, or if there have even been any? but I'm sure that in comparison to the likes of Makita they will be a long way behind (in this particular field) as such, I'm surprised that no one seems to use Makita who have about 5 different top handled battery saws to choose from, and have a great record...:confused1:

I think the Husky battery model has the most power, but don't quote me on that. cheers, steve

I agree with your thought that this is a great use of a forum Roni, and I think we may have a learning curve that this discussion is a part of. A lot of Arbs are more independent (lone wolf) by nature and have healthy egos (I can take care of...). There is room for all of it - and, I value you publicly standing up for a saw purchasers rights with a big company. As soon as the Husky electric top handle hits the U.S. market I hope to be able to buy one. When I do and it has a functioning retaining device I will be thanking you and Arbtalk.

My wife and I frequently think of how banks here used to be open 10 am to 3 pm Mon. thru Fri.. Come in then or too bad. Now we go in a Wells Fargo Bank from 9 am to 6 pm six days a week. Plus they have a manager ‘floating’ behind the tellers to make sure they are being friendly enough with you and engaging you in real conversation and service.

Big companies used to be able to give you follow up service and warranty help that basically said take it or leave it. That is soon coming to an end and again this thread and your open efforts is a part of that - thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Replacement FOC battery came in the post today.

Still using the T536 up the tree, but with tie-wraps to back up the battery's securing mechanism. TBH I don't think the saw as it stands is fit for purpose up the tree, which is a shame as its a great piece of kit.

I haven't heard anything further from Husky though.

Replacement FOC battery came in the post today.

Still using the T536 up the tree, but with tie-wraps to back up the battery's securing mechanism. TBH I don't think the saw as it stands is fit for purpose up the tree, which is a shame as its a great piece of kit.

I haven't heard anything further from Husky though.

Husqvarna Consumer Support returned my BROKEN battery with no communication and I also have heard nothing from Husqvarna. POOR POOR service.

Husqvarna Consumer Support returned my BROKEN battery with no communication and I also have heard nothing from Husqvarna. POOR POOR service.

That's just sheer spite.

Can you replicate the catches coming partially unlocked Roni? I was thinking today of taking a video of how it happens.

I would imagine Husky UK are worried over an expensive product recall. Blind loyalty coming before the safety of operators on the UK's part perhaps?

or will we see Husky following the lead of Petzl and the Zigzag Mk1?

I've not heard anything from HSE after my RIDDOR report. Have you?

That's just sheer spite.

Can you replicate the catches coming partially unlocked Roni? I was thinking today of taking a video of how it happens.

I would imagine Husky UK are worried over an expensive product recall. Blind loyalty coming before the safety of operators on the UK's part perhaps?

or will we see Husky following the lead of Petzl and the Zigzag Mk1?

I've not heard anything from HSE after my RIDDOR report. Have you?

We have tried a few times to figure out how it comes unclipped, obviously a certain sequence, but difficult to replicate although we have managed. We are very aware of the potential failure so continually check while in the tree.

I have not heard from HSE either. Probably takes some time but hope they do take notice.