Is arb work hard work?

Horatio

Lots of people have asked how much you pay your groundie and you haven't responded... It must be pittance!! I appreciate if they are only dragging brash, and don't have any quals/tickets you can't/shouldn't pay them the top whack but you shouldn't take advantage of them.

I've ran a couple of times back from the chipper, at college I got a bollocking and at work they told me not to run as it doesn't save time and could cause a further accident.

????????????? Where have they asked

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started I would try and run back from the chipper. It soon wore me out and would be knackered by 2:00. I find a brisk walk plenty enough. Running in chainsaw trousers and boots is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. What about in some of these hot days we actually had this summer? Would you expect them to run then? Mind you £100 a day for groundy. I might get a jog on then!!!!

Sent using

I can see what horatio is saying. But my method to get groundmans working hard is price work! E.g this Saturday just gone I told my groundie there £80 in the job for you in the first job. Then if we can the second one done there a extra £40. We was done by 3 ish. He never stop working hard all day. He earn good money and so did I!

I can see what horatio is saying. But my method to get groundmans working hard is price work! E.g this Saturday just gone I told my groundie there £80 in the job for you in the first job. Then if we can the second one done there a extra £40. We was done by 3 ish. He never stop working hard all day. He earn good money and so did I!

It's dead easy. Pay and be paid! Pat Ferret told me that one. Work smarter not harder! Easy lift guy. My own saying is, look after those who look after you.