Is arb work hard work?

Horatio

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i know people will jump on my back for volunteering for the past 7 years with the same rangers team.

But the way i look at it in the winter months, as long as someone is dragging branches to the chipper or to the fire, who cares. We are all different, you get some people who are built like Hulk Hogan and drag lots of big branches to the chipper and spends time loading the chipper, or you get a whippet who gets a rhythm going and drags small piles of branches to the chipper and as the branches go through walk back to get the next lot of branches.

I have always been taught that, if you see a colleague flagging; have a break for 15 mins, let them catch their breath. Don't work them into the ground by 2.30 and ask why they are slowing down.

Thats my two cents anyway.

+1

If arb was football and you saw Rooney walking about most of the game you would Boo him off the pitch.

Maybe I am unfair in expecting him to run back from the chipper but guess

If he don't like it then there are loads of you lot who will have him.

I sure as damit ain't the only one who WANTS to jog back from the chipper showing I wanna work, get on and get home.

Hell even if it's 5 mins early, that 5 mins extra with my family and for what a bit of sweat from a gentle jog back from the chipper. Hardly difficult.

It's called work for a reason.

rooney is on probably 50k plus a month how do you pay your guys £80 a shift thats the difference you would expect him to run

Lots of people have asked how much you pay your groundie and you haven't responded... It must be pittance!! I appreciate if they are only dragging brash, and don't have any quals/tickets you can't/shouldn't pay them the top whack but you shouldn't take advantage of them.

I've ran a couple of times back from the chipper, at college I got a bollocking and at work they told me not to run as it doesn't save time and could cause a further accident.

I'll sum it up, I'm probably the same age (roughly) as your young lads, brisk walk back, yes, run or jog? You'd need to pay me a bloody good wage, I work systematically, there is never a need to jog in our work with all the trip hazards! Secondly, subbing young lads does not set a good example to them, as if you drop em, they have nothing to fall back on. They should be expected to work, but if you offer no incentive, treat em like morons and are on their arses all day, don't expect good workers, and definitely don't expect a good supply of lads when word gets out!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

do you let go of the lads who dont jog back from the chipper??

surley theres a lot more to a good worker than the ability to peg it back across the garden a 1oo mph.

It's called work for a reason.

My mrs can carry a branch to the chipper then put it though and walk back.

An 18 year old keen to get into arb should be carrying multiple branches putting them though then jogging back in a very safe manner.

It like I'm asking for the world.

Honestly I was expecting the responses to be as follows.

Yeah I have 2 great guys they work like hell and are machines getting back from the chipper.

I always run back want my boss to see me work hard. Pay rise coming

Want to work hard for the boss he pays me well so I work like hell

Little jog keeps me looking trim, it's worm after all.

Eye opener for me to be frank