Sensible!!!! Suggestions for Combating Theft

woodland

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've rigged a door bell up to a PIR sensor and set that just above the CCTV camera covering the drive, just a simple ding-dong type but it tends to make people look up as they aren't expecting the noise.

Its not infallible but it does help to get a face shot of anyone who comes further down the drive than they have reason to.

My chipper has a tracker, based on a small mobile phone sized device. Just have to recharge the battery every few days. I have considered leaving a chainsaw out in the open OUTSIDE my container, with a tracker in, would be interesting to see how long it lasts in the open, and then to track it down.

Exactly, being in construction my arsenal of battery powered cutters is pretty good and reasonably quiet too. Don't matter how good a lock is takes moments to cut it. I reckon the best bet is lots of smaller locks on a couple of gates, but I keep all my equipment near me, so I can keep it safer than any lock.

If you buy an "off the shelf" lock, however big or hard it is, there is an off the shelf way of getting past it.

I use a series of home-made "barriers" that make it near impossible to get to my stuff unless you know just how. (Hidden buttons, counter-intuitive sequence of locks etc)

Come on now theres enough of us on this forum we must be able to come up with some ideas on how to sort this out:sneaky2:

Apart from what we'd all like to to do the individuals in question. :boxing:

Is it fair to suggest that most thefts happen from our yards units lock ups, probably what are the options for protecting our equipment. The guys im working for have been cleaned out twice and will be unable to get insurance when! it happens again.

Does CCTV work? Anyone use a mobile security company?, anyone ever consider clubbing together with other businesses to spread the cost of security?

Hi I have alloy dog box and tool box in one made by N J engineers cost £900 it will take 2 dogs saws in the top of box it to go in a pickup very well made with locks who's going to nick your saws with dog in there no one £375 thanks all Jon

Geese. my parents live in the middle of 34 acres of woods and despite having a padlocked gate and security lighting which have both been over come by inturders they have never been burgle due to 6 very noisey and seamingly agresiv geese wandering around the place. however once they get to know you they are rather friendly.

the other thing worth looking at is a trail cam with a black infrared LED video camera you get them that take a phone sim . they can send a txt to your phone to let you know they have picked some thing up and then you can phone it and see live images of what is going on.

Three stages of punshment for theft...

First offence - spend a week caged up in the high street nearest where the theft occurred.

Passers by allowed to make whatever comments they like, minimum food/water.

Second offence - Five years (very) hard labour.

Third offence - public execution.

I wonder if that would discourage the little sh!ts ?

Oh, and to hell with civil liberties, they don't give a monkeys for ours.

Maybe then security wouldn't need to be so bloody costly.