Big saws 880 3120 etc

swinny

Just curious to know if you own one, use one etc?

Do you feel there is a need for one?

Are you a battle on with the 660 type person?

Are there really any bigger tree's out there that warrent the big saws....

And i know some like the 880 etc on smaller bars etc...

Just curious :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got an 880 on a big bar, comes out maybe 10 times a year for felling, impresses the clients! Will actually last a lifetime so good investment. Always run it to empty cos I never know when it's coming out next. 13 years old now, no problems.(the saw not me)

A man I know once told me "only 18 year olds want to use an 88 all day" Quite true once you've spent a bit of time with one.

Having said that, an 88 with a 25" bar is certainly a beast that takes a man to tame it! Quite a nice power to weight ratio when you take into account cutting speed.

I run a 395 with 28" & 36" bars, that does the majority of the decent size stuff, after all, it's a 6ft cut from both sides with the 36" on. Only twice in the last year have I needed to step up to a 4ft bar and cut from both sides. One 7ft stem and one 8ft stem

Not running the 880 for a while is a bad idea. They like working. Sitting in a shed for years does them no good whatso ever.

Had to repair one once that wasn't run for a year. The flywheel was shot. Also the fuel lines go horrible if they are drained and then dry out and get filled again.

Would the not used off a while 880 saw be a prime candidate for the use of aspen???