modding my a 201t

Johny Walker

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took a drill and put two holes in the outer casing! like jnoon did.

I think I may just do that to my 200. Being honest, I can't work out how to take the exhaust off........any tips for a stupid Gerbutt???

Any body remember you could take the baffler out of some of the first 200t exhausts with one bolt.. My findings was it lost power and was stupidly loud that would put me off drilling holes in an exhaust unless it had other mods that worked with it.

I think I may just do that to my 200. Being honest, I can't work out how to take the exhaust off........any tips for a stupid Gerbutt???

Two bolts under the saw I think of the top of my head, if you take the exhaust apart make sure you heat the bolts/screws or they tend to snap

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

What a difference, ive done it to my little stihl ms 231, will do the same to my 201 when my 200t's finally let go. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Did it make much difference on the 231?

I've got a baby 211 which I dearly love for its sheer pluck, but if I thought I could get a noticeable difference from a muffler mod on that I'd certainly give it a go.

Did it make much difference on the 231?

I've got a baby 211 which I dearly love for its sheer pluck, but if I thought I could get a noticeable difference from a muffler mod on that I'd certainly give it a go.

Yes it did weve got a couple of 230's and they scream and the 231 sounded like an old goat compared to them and drilling thr hole has definitely made a difference, it only had a silly little exhaust hole compared to the 230's so im not surprised it sounded like it was chocking as thr gases couldn't escape quick enough.