modding my a 201t

Johny Walker

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry fella, just took the exhaust off the 201T to find it's a tin opener job - it's spot welded together and i don't fancy screwing the warranty:blushing:

[ATTACH]128129[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]128130[/ATTACH]

Ok, from what I gather there's no reason why it can't be opened up, just a case of working out what size the exit(s) of the muffler need to be. Should be a goer IMO.

One thing that's not clear to me on these new type cans though, does anyone know if they have baffles?

Drilling a hole straight through a 200 can is one thing, but on many other saws they have baffles shrowded over the inlet side of the can. So anyone know if these super thin cans have them, if not, opening up flow should be quite straight forward:confused1:

Ok, from what I gather there's no reason why it can't be opened up, just a case of working out what size the exit(s) of the muffler need to be. Should be a goer IMO.

One thing that's not clear to me on these new type cans though, does anyone know if they have baffles?

Drilling a hole straight through a 200 can is one thing, but on many other saws they have baffles shrowded over the inlet side of the can. So anyone know if these super thin cans have them, if not, opening up flow should be quite straight forward:confused1:

I may be missing something but its not necessary to remove anything;

2 x 6mm holes in the outside of the exhaust, job done.

I may be missing something but its not necessary to remove anything;

2 x 6mm holes in the outside of the exhaust, job done.

Removing an internal baffle would allow greater air flow, increasing the gains further

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Removing an internal baffle would allow greater air flow, increasing the gains further

But (and i defer to the machine boys in this) I don't want to alter the machine too much or make too much noise. 5 mins with a cordless drill, my 201 is as good as my old 200, that's all I wanted and I got it.

But (and i defer to the machine boys in this) I don't want to alter the machine too much or make too much noise. 5 mins with a cordless drill, my 201 is as good as my old 200, that's all I wanted and I got it.

Yup, if that's all you want, that's ok, if you want more, this apparently has more to give without porting