how many wear a watch for work ?

predator

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a tag heuer for best, I lost it a while back and was absolutely gutted, searched everywhere for it but couldn't find it, after about 3 months the wife was cleaning out the upright fridge freezer and found it in the top compartment of the freezer door, I must have been half cut one night and put it on top of the fridge and it must have dropped in when the door was opened, took it for a service and new battery and its working fine now

Another one thats lost without a watch! I'm on my second tissot touch watch now. Got a second because I'd had one for 5 years and was a 21st birthday present. Worn every day in all sorts of conditions. Good quality face means they don't scratch. The strap is completely covered but not a mark on the face. Had a scare where I nearly broke the clasp on the new one. Being titanium it's not a cheap fix if it breaks! So now I wear a g shock that's a tenth of the price and I'm not too worried if that gets damaged!

:dito::thumbup:

Best comment on this thread yet.

Seriously, if you are looking for serious quality at reasonable money,

you really can't go wrong.

And you get Sapphire glass.

What's not to love.

If you really want to splash out . they even do one with built in GPS.

Did I say, they're hard as nails.

Best comment on this thread yet.

Seriously, if you are looking for serious quality at reasonable money,

you really can't go wrong.

And you get Sapphire glass.

What's not to love.

If you really want to splash out . they even do one with built in GPS.

Did I say, they're hard as nails.

Can't believe I said serious and seriously in one sentence.

It's like when I was twelve, and the Young ones, was the best telly ever.:biggrin:

Pleased enough, not perhaps all they are cracked up to be, i.e. the bracelet clasp issue.

But I was of the opinion, and I think I proved correct.

The key to any good watch is Sapphire "glass" glazing.

In that respect I gave mine no particular mercy, or abuse either, to be fair.

But the glass is still crystal clear.

SS bracelet scratched and scuffed to hell though.

Quite fancied one of the better Tissots as well mind.

Some of them also sport "Sapphire" glass.

Quite agree on the sapphire face - I have a Christopher Ward automatic which I have worn pretty much daily for the past five years. It's been climbing mountains, in the back of engines, milling, everything. Face is still perfect although the bracelet is gradually beginning to wear. The clasp on these is brilliant too. I have late 1950s Rolex Perpetual with original acrylic face and a leather strap which comes out for best, and a late 1960s Stihl automatic which I wear sometimes but needs to go and get serviced before I wear it again.

Alec