Saw choice

Treemoose

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies

I'm tempted by the 372xp

this saw will be mainly used for choging down the lager diameter stems so the weight of the 372 is appealing (im not a hero and would like my joints to last slightly longer) and reading other threads it seems a tried and tested saw.

Thanks for the replies

I'm tempted by the 372xp

this saw will be mainly used for choging down the lager diameter stems so the weight of the 372 is appealing (im not a hero and would like my joints to last slightly longer) and reading other threads it seems a tried and tested saw.

I've not tried the new X torq version of the 372 but it's supposed to be more powerful. Mine's a 2002 (I think from memory) and it still goes well.

Had my 576xp for 18 months now and it's been reliable throughout. Love it as my intermediate saw.

Lives with an 18" bar day to day, but has a 26" bar for bigger rings/fells. Felled and ringed up 3ft+ elm last two weeks and it chogged through it quite happily. Pretty good as far as vibes are concerned. No issues after a day ringing up.

It's pretty close to the 372 though, so price I think is in the 372's favour.

trust me iv been working in forestry for several years and iv tried them all 372xp 576 and the one that was way ahead of the game was stihl ms441 cm its an unbelievable saw if you can afford it the power and balance is hands down better i found the 576 to heavy in the hands and to bulky but that's my opinion you will not be disappointed with the ms441 at all

I love my 441 but it really is down to the individual. If it is comfortable and spins around with a nice sharp chain and gets the job done safely with minimal down time then it really is just a matter of opinion. Mmmmmmmm i must get the heated handle model thinking about it.