Medium steak please.

brewpup

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet no one has said fried bacon on top......

Bacon makes everything ok.... Hhhmmm bacon.....

Ok now I'm hungry. Damn it.

If your gonna do that, then you need to add cheese and fried tomatoes! And wedges!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If you put your thumb and first finger tips together gently and feel the muscle of your thumb thats how springy it should be when its rare, middle finger and thumb is medium, ring finger and thumb well done and little finger and thumb is dog food

I always had my steak well done. I have no idea why.

And it was always sirloin, again no idea why.

Then, in the early nineties, on a trip too Brittany, I was introduced to RAW fillet steak, marinated in some magic recipe, and it completely changed my steak habits.

Now its only ever fillet and always very rare.

I am fortunate to be colour blind, but family members are not and cringe at my plate of red juice. Yum Yum.

The stories of a Vampire in these parts may be true...........

My brother in law is a butcher,he gives me the ends of fillet,just the briefest of hot flash in a pan & they are done.

Semi mashed spuds & cabbage hit hard in the pan after the fillets,with a cream & peppercorn sauce to pour on top,I'm off to the kitchen....:drool::vroam::biggrin:

:lol: She uses both, together :001_huh: not sure why?? but they taste great :thumbup1:

Butter caramelises well and gives extra flavour and the veg oil increases the burn point of the butter so you don't get that horrible burnt taste when you have the pan on high, as you should, to cook the steak.

Butter caramelises well and gives extra flavour and the veg oil increases the burn point of the butter so you don't get that horrible burnt taste when you have the pan on high, as you should, to cook the steak.

That makes sense :thumbup1: certainly works, they taste great!!!:thumbup: