Price per 1m cube next year.

brewpup

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've charged £75 inc vat for a loose pick up load of hardwood logs for the last three years. The load equates to a loose volume of 1.1 cubic metres. I'm now putting my price up to £85 due to increasing costs and people often say what a good size load it is and how much drier they are than previous suppliers they have used.

New customers have accepted the price no bother but I don't know how my regulars, some of whom were on a load a month last season, will accept it - time will tell:confused1:

Never be afraid of increasing prices.

You need to work out your profit per bag/load/cube, and also your accepted percentage loss of customers.

If, for instance you made £20 per bag and wanted to increase your price, you could increase your price by £10 a bag and accept loosing a third of your customers without being any worse off.

Hi Guys,

I am a bit new to the firewood trade. I am hoping to sell a bit, to accompany the tree work side. I'm afraid it will be a bit old school, cutting rings then splitting with small tractor driven splitter. Excuse me if these Q's all sound a bit lame but - Is there an industry average size per log, say 9"? How do I measure say 1 m3 worth of logs? (I will deliver in my Pick up/trailer) Is it about 250 x 9 " logs? How do I measure the moisture content in said logs? As I say this will only be small scale, probably to my existing customer base but all the same I would like to do it right, and make a few Bob! As for costing, well it seems charges vary from £50 - £100 per m3! Cheers in advance fellas, Ian

Hi Guys,

I am a bit new to the firewood trade. I am hoping to sell a bit, to accompany the tree work side. I'm afraid it will be a bit old school, cutting rings then splitting with small tractor driven splitter. Excuse me if these Q's all sound a bit lame but - Is there an industry average size per log, say 9"? How do I measure say 1 m3 worth of logs? (I will deliver in my Pick up/trailer) Is it about 250 x 9 " logs? How do I measure the moisture content in said logs? As I say this will only be small scale, probably to my existing customer base but all the same I would like to do it right, and make a few Bob! As for costing, well it seems charges vary from £50 - £100 per m3! Cheers in advance fellas, Ian

No average size logs ( I used to cut mine 10 inch), get a moister meter to test content. Measure the size of the back of ya truck/ trailer, length x width x height of sides to get volume.

Or just sell your arising/waste for beer money.

No average size logs ( I used to cut mine 10 inch), get a moister meter to test content. Measure the size of the back of ya truck/ trailer, length x width x height of sides to get volume.

Or just sell your arising/waste for beer money.

Cut 240mm or shorter and split. Most people these days are burning logs in small stoves. A few can only take 200mm, most can take 250mm. I have no issues to date at 240mm give or take a bit.

A