Price per 1m cube next year.

brewpup

I have had it wit asshole customers, they never ask what type of wood or is it seasoned just how much. Mine is 100 quid a cube take it or leave it.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pricing structure is as follows

.25 barrow bag £28

.5-.6 dumpy £45

1m3 £75

Wholesale £45 per 1m3 in either 7m3,20m3 or 45m3 loads.

I would say the wholesale wood is part seasoned only because it's pot luck some could be 4yr seasoned some could be green and everything else inbetween. Also there could be the odd bit of softwood lurking amongst it but nothing major.

It's a good way of bulking out or supplimenting your own supply.

Nets retail at £3-50 (3 for a tenner) s/wood

.25 mtr barrow bags £25-00 h/wood

.6 mtr builders bags £60-00 h/wood

cubic mtr bag (or crate) £80-00 h/wood.

2.4 mtr tipper load £160-00 h/wood

stiff competition round here.

loads of people selling dumpy bags for £40/£45

and every customer wants it stacked :lol:

Edited by DN22 Gardening

Just pulled this one from the the top of a bag.

Lets wait for the phone calls about wet logs !!!!

They are quality logs pal!! I'm going the other way i think, stick with just my whole sale prices and have a delivery charge for single cube loads. I will lose alot of domestic customers no doubt but would like to pickup more wholesale. If i get enough i will look into a wagon, i've just finished a 100 mile round trip in the tractor it's a bit much to do several times a week

:boring::boring:

They are quality logs pal!! I'm going the other way i think, stick with just my whole sale prices and have a delivery charge for single cube loads. I will lose alot of domestic customers no doubt but would like to pickup more wholesale. If i get enough i will look into a wagon, i've just finished a 100 mile round trip in the tractor it's a bit much to do several times a week

:boring::boring:

Crickey thats a job and a half unless you have a 45kph top gear.

A

I was going to write out a long paragraph all about our wood, but saw John had already written out exactly what I was going to put!

I reckon you're spot on the nail there mate:thumbup:

Well our solar kiln dried logs are £100 per m3 guaranteed less than 20% MC and I was worried about the competition undercutting me by £30. I thought I would need to advertise but pleased I did not as I have virtually sold out only keeping a reserve for my regular customers. The wet competition logs actually did me a favour so looking to double volume again for next year so will be a busy summer to get it all seasoned for next winter.

According to those waste of tax payers money road signs that tell you your speed with a happy or smiley face flat out is 28mph:lol::lol:

Need a decent sized tractor to be boss of a big filled trailer at that speed, 100 miles even then 100 mile round trip + load + tip = most of a day gone.

A