Done my good deed and got dragged out truck

treesnatcher

It was the fact that he was so pleased that his son was among the 95% (or whatever the figure is) of the population who are NOT criminals.

Like skyhuck said - he was setting the bar low - he just sees law breakers and law-adherers. Man.... did he have blinkers on.:thumbdown:

Thanks Shane:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime

No not so, thats a sweeping generalisation. The Police were professional and measured when they helped me recover my chipper and when I caught scrotes trying to break into next doors house they were apropriately severe in the handling of the scrotes.

Fair play i am glad they pulled a suspicious vehicle... The amount of tree gear that gets knicked it could of been one of there trucks!... I have time for the police it's a hard job covered in red tape but unfortunately as in all walks of life there are dicks ... When I was a youth I was stitched up on two ocaisions and they tried a lot more.

I have an inherent auspicion of trusting a few but if you treat them like real people and with manners there is usually not a problem.

Interesting thread. It's never as black and white as we'd like it though is it?

Seems to me that when they stopped Treesnatcher it was a stop worth making, who knows, it could well have been someone else's truck being made off with in the night, and if any of those coppers had a friend in this industry, or any other where your tools of the trade are your income, he would have felt compelled to slap anyone around a bit who he thought was interfering with that. Fair play, I'd like to have someone fighting my corner against tealeaves....:thumbup1:

What I object to are the lazy pulls when they know full well they're off the mark, or easy targets just to make it look like they're doing something. But it's not entirely their fault they can't go wading into gypsy sites bashing skulls to get back stolen equipment, the liberal policy makers tie their hands pretty well, even if it's in some cases unitentionally... :thumbdown:

I have a good friend who is one of our local bobbies, he comes for coffee, makes sure all is well, but when the stereo was lifted out of our car on our drive [by a local oik] and I suggested he pay him a visit he said he couldn't, no evidence, the fact that he'd been at our property was irrelevant. He did get SOCO out for me though which made me chuckle! :laugh1:

There are good coppers and bad coppers, just as there are good and bad tree surgeons, builders, doctors. If you get a good one, brilliant, if you get on the wrong side of a good one, it's a nuisance, but if you're clean all will be well. If you need a good one and get a bad one, get his [or her] collar number and complain like hell. If their superiors get enough complaints about an officer they WILL do something about it. Often just move them to another patch but even so, it's a start....

We all have stupid law and legislation to abide by these days, keeps all of our hands tied.

some police are bad but most are good. im a builder and get fed up with all tv programs and media only ever showing the worst in my industry. Makes the public think were all bad and on the make. For this reason I take everybody at face value.

Loads of threads on here moaning at police for doing nothing about stolen vehicles and tools so lets not have a thread moaning about them trying to prevent this.

I would write more but im too busy carrying out a risk assessment so i can climb 4 rungs up a ladder tomorrow.

James:thumbup:

Both situations were not linked!:001_rolleyes:

Did you charge the lady for getting the cat?

If so, it wasn't a good deed, it was a contract.

The police stopped you because they thought you were a bit suspicious.

They were not the anti good deed police.:laugh1:

They didn't drag you out the vehicle!

I think next time someone calls you up out of hours to do something you don't really want to do, just say no.

I got saws stolen last year, I wish those police were out doing checks in my area that night:001_smile:

They saw that as a training exercise Dean. They knew full well it was legit but couldn't resist the chance to large it.

No time for em what so ever.

The first line of your reply is probablly right , practicing so when its your truck or your chipper being nicked they will get it back.

sounds to me like they cant win!!

one post they cant do F all the next they do to much!!!!

I am glad i aint a copper, with this sort of attitude towards them about no wonder they have to be firm.