Done my good deed and got dragged out truck

treesnatcher

I think they did the right thing in this case. Not saying there are no bad-uns (someone in my family was stitched up years back) but they have a hard job which must have an effect on them - either that or only a certain type will want to join the force.

Yes we are all their customers but most of the people they meet are (or may be) law breakers.

In my days as a safety trainer (yes, before I got a real job) we had a retired copper working on the team. One day he said (and I remember it word for word)

'The thing I am most proud of in my life is that my son grew up without becoming a criminal'

That comment killed the conversation.

Good to see them out there trying.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they did the right thing in this case. Not saying there are no bad-uns (someone in my family was stitched up years back) but they have a hard job which must have an effect on them - either that or only a certain type will want to join the force.

Yes we are all their customers but most of the people they meet are (or may be) law breakers.

In my days as a safety trainer (yes, before I got a real job) we had a retired copper working on the team. One day he said (and I remember it word for word)

'The thing I am most proud of in my life is that my son grew up without becoming a criminal'

That comment killed the conversation.

Good to see them out there trying.

Now I am curious:confused1:, the word by word quote about the retired copper bragging about his son not becoming a criminal. What in the world could you have been talking about that could have killed a conversation you were having with this person?. Seems to me he was rather proud of his child rearing and as a father was rightly glad that his son did not choose crime as an occupation.

easy-lift guy

Absolutely. Police have their hands tied by government policies and the laws they have to uphold which in turn is dictated to them by Europe. The longer that that goes on the softer this country will get.

I'm sure most cops would love to revert to the good old days when rowdy youths got a clip round the ear and criminals got a good kicking in the cells.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Who decides who is a criminal:confused1:

The problem wasn't him being stopped, I would want my trucked stopped if it were out after dark. It's presuming the occupant is a criminal just because someone phoned in a suspicious vehicle. There was no need to treat the op has he was treat. A couple of questions and a PNC check would have sorted it.

Why box him in, why not just a flash of the blues and allow him to pull over ?

I get it all the time when out shooting, I had armed response come screaming down a lane sirens and blues blazing after someone phoned in a man with a gun in a field. I was zeroing my rifle for half an hour in a 50 acre field with my sign written truck beside me and in full view of 200 houses on land the police know I shoot.

Now I am curious:confused1:, the word by word quote about the retired copper bragging about his son not becoming a criminal. What in the world could you have been talking about that could have killed a conversation you were having with this person?. Seems to me he was rather proud of his child rearing and as a father was rightly glad that his son did not choose crime as an occupation.

easy-lift guy

I think the point is he was setting the bar pretty low.

I want my children to excel, not simple achieve normality.

Whilst I respect the old bill,I had a bad doo with them a few years back,I had done no wrong & they knew it,yet one young twerp gave me a propper look & placed his hand over his spray holster,by that action he placed himself in harms way.

He was purely after escalating the situation after realising there was not an issue,but took offence to solid eye contact. The other 2 cops were fine,but it only takes one.

Obviously recognised a wrong 'un when he saw one. It's the price you must pay for your membership of the Maldon Massive. Aiiiee! :001_tt2::lol:

You opinion is interesting skyhook, now I want to read Shanes.

easy-lift guy

It was the fact that he was so pleased that his son was among the 95% (or whatever the figure is) of the population who are NOT criminals.

Like skyhuck said - he was setting the bar low - he just sees law breakers and law-adherers. Man.... did he have blinkers on.:thumbdown: