Done my good deed and got dragged out truck

treesnatcher

They either do bugger all or go right over the top.

I'm with you there Mick.

Over zealous Policing is rife I,m afraid.

After recent events I have lost all trust I had in the Police, there are some seriously bad police officers dragging down and teaching others bad habits.

The Public are the police forces "customers" IMO, we as law abiding citizens employ them to protect us, not go wading in feet first asking question later.

The police seem to be the only ones that get away with treating their employers like crap :001_huh:

My opinion of course :biggrin:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you there Mick.

After recent events I have lost all trust I had in the Police, there are some seriously bad police officers dragging down and teaching others bad habits.

The Public are the police forces "customers" IMO, we as law abiding citizens employ them to protect us, not go wading in feet first asking question later.

The police seem to be the only ones that get away with treating their employers like crap :001_huh:

I dunno dean, I have had nothing but good dealings with them

I'm with you there Mick.

I think this has been the case for some time, but I believe there was a recent court case regarding some coaches that were held by the police, the police lost.

The judge pointed out that we have have policing "by consent" and the police must behave accordingly.

There was also the case last week of the protestor who won a case to have his details removed from the register.

So I am hopeful that the tide is changing.

I'm with you there Mick.

Agreed Dean. Good and not so good all over. I still respect the Police as a whole, however when the Police overstep their bounds and decide to take matters into their own hands I don't Cotten to that at all:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

I dunno dean, I have had nothing but good dealings with them

I wish I had Andy, I had a lot of respect for the Police, it's an extremely hard job they do, but they are becoming ever increasingly heavy handed. On the one hand you can understand why with the idiots they have to deal with, but on the other, you can't treat everyone the same.

Imaging if nurses and doctors talked to and treat everyone that enters A&E after 9pm as drunken yobs.

I must have rung the Police 30 times in the last 10 years, out of those thirty calls, they have never turned up under 30 minutes.

One of those calls was an kidnapping and attempted murder, in which the victim knocked on my door for help. I duly let him in my house, rang the police and treat his stab wounds. The ambulance sat at the bottom of my drive unable to attend until armed officers arrived because of the seriousness of the incident and the fact that weapons were involved

Meanwhile me, my wife and my kids were trying to stop the guy going into deep shock

Whilst I respect the old bill,I had a bad doo with them a few years back,I had done no wrong & they knew it,yet one young twerp gave me a propper look & placed his hand over his spray holster,by that action he placed himself in harms way.

He was purely after escalating the situation after realising there was not an issue,but took offence to solid eye contact. The other 2 cops were fine,but it only takes one.

I wish I had Andy, I had a lot of respect for the Police, it's an extremely hard job they do, but they are becoming ever increasingly heavy handed. On the one hand you can understand why with the idiots they have to deal with, but on the other, you can't treat everyone the same.

Imaging if nurses and doctors talked to and treat everyone that enters A&E after 9pm as drunken yobs.

I must have rung the Police 30 times in the last 10 years, out of those thirty calls, they have never turned up under 30 minutes.

One of those calls was an kidnapping and attempted murder, in which the victim knocked on my door for help. I duly let him in my house, rang the police and treat his stab wounds. The ambulance sat at the bottom of my drive unable to attend until armed officers arrived because of the seriousness of the incident and the fact that weapons were involved

Meanwhile me, my wife and my kids were trying to stop the guy going into deep shock

Most of the paramedics I know would have said 'sod the rules' and attended and then faced the consequences. I'm sure others would abide by the H&S criteria and rulebook made by others.

I know firemen who, not allowed to enter iced ponds/water, would disregard orders and attempt to save life. It's just different folks. Unfortunately society has become so risk adverse that common sense and doing the right thing doesn't always prevail.

most aren't happy with the constraints imposed on them that prevent them doing a better job.

Absolutely. Police have their hands tied by government policies and the laws they have to uphold which in turn is dictated to them by Europe. The longer that that goes on the softer this country will get.

I'm sure most cops would love to revert to the good old days when rowdy youths got a clip round the ear and criminals got a good kicking in the cells.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App