the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Gray Git, i hope it was lucrative 'cos it looks like torture!

Not the best ever but mustn't grumble as still worth having, the running costs of the job weren't high and should get a lot of work from the client off the back of it as we are the 1st contractor to satisfactory complete the job in nearly 6 years.

To tell you the truth we quite enjoyed it as a change and challenging job even if we are all a little sore tonight looking back at the site from the opposite hillside looks good.

Going to go back in the spring and treat all the sycamore and elder regen as it starts to leaf up then hopefully it'll only need doing every 2 years after that.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

So its pick on Bob time is it ? :) Am I the only one that runs company colours ?

Bob

We are green, white and orange.

So that's Greenmech, John Deere, Iveco and t'shirts from fruit of the loom...

Red Meindel boots which I wish where black or orange as they spoil the whole look...

Ty

fair play gray git that looks like a tough job!!! hope you had radio ear defenders

Yeh all radioed up so man on rope could easily talk to controller at top and ambassador at bottom and generally take the piss every time someone fell over, made the whole thing more enjoyable 👍

3 days of epic strimming and vegetation hight adjustment. 0ae5f4e9dac8d59216e247382afcf7f1.jpgba7e6c6c2fec91307fbe6c4f5cf9d589.jpga99839d793ef2642eb89ca2173f1f116.jpg3c6cb0860a13ff2c70f78e7f9bc4863c.jpg9dcf9745d928d7823255c1ce641650f9.jpg85b04314416ed628a4ac212e05ff7893.jpg

Made an interesting chance but my knees are paying the price tonight.

I Wrecked 1 mulching blade and Ben drew the short straw and found the obligatory wasp nest, not easy to run away when your tethered and up to your waist in brambles and balsam.

Well done . A job from hell , maybe using crampons could help.

Or this

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1476480145.678832.jpg.0cd94ffbcf94911bbbb182ec750df2f1.jpg

Well done . A job from hell , maybe using crampons could help.

Or this

[ATTACH]212579[/ATTACH]

Way to steep with large rocks and gully to work round and several near vertical 2m step offs in places, tryed crampons but caused more of a trip hazard than it solved.

Think this would have stood a better chance! 88f9bfa3b965b9665c21bdbe5b1d2e28.jpg

Picked up a good load of pine of a development site after a contractor had cleared all the trees but left what looked like everything they didn't want and the site forman just needed it gone, I did take two off this load before heading slowly off down the road straight to the sawmill to sell it on 😉 then a load of smaller crap I'll chip for biomass. 6c6ebc4824f9054622ad1c965ac2cafb.jpg2dfa45c6c3cae294af50e9fb1c284889.jpg

Picked up a good load of pine of a development site after a contractor had cleared all the trees but left what looked like everything they didn't want and the site forman just needed it gone, I did take two off this load before heading slowly off down the road straight to the sawmill to sell it on [emoji6] then a load of smaller crap I'll chip for biomass. 6c6ebc4824f9054622ad1c965ac2cafb.jpg2dfa45c6c3cae294af50e9fb1c284889.jpg

390t or 399 John? Lovely old tractors [emoji106]🏻