the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

390t or 399 John? Lovely old tractors [emoji106]🏻

399 bud, she's a cracker of a tractor but unfortunately she's going to be up for sale soon as we need more hp to maintain road speed since getting the botex and using it more.

She ticks every box she was got for around the yard and as a winch tractor but that big trailer is just a bit too much for her.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

399 bud, she's a cracker of a tractor but unfortunately she's going to be up for sale soon as we need more hp to maintain road speed since getting the botex and using it more.

She ticks every box she was got for around the yard and as a winch tractor but that big trailer is just a bit too much for her.

Give over John, surely its got enough puff? Just lacks on hills etc, being slower isnt a bad thing in my books

Give over John, surely its got enough puff? Just lacks on hills etc, being slower isnt a bad thing in my books

Unfortunately we don't have flat roads round here!

There's slow and ridiculously/dangerously slow, having to change into low box to get through town is just asking to get pulled.

Stopping is another interesting affair and only going to end badly 1 day.

Tryed the trailer on another valtra and that's fine.

Don't need to use all the speed a newer tractor can give but it'll maintain what you choose to use longer and use a hell of a lot less fuel.

Unfortunately we don't have flat roads round here!

There's slow and ridiculously/dangerously slow, having to change into low box to get through town is just asking to get pulled.

Stopping is another interesting affair and only going to end badly 1 day.

Tryed the trailer on another valtra and that's fine.

Don't need to use all the speed a newer tractor can give but it'll maintain what you choose to use longer and use a hell of a lot less fuel.

Thats fair enough. Not good having to go down into low box!! Maybe engines a bit worn? That said there is a fair load on that trailer :)

Thats fair enough. Not good having to go down into low box!! Maybe engines a bit worn? That said there is a fair load on that trailer :)

Mate put her on Dino when he was checking brakes for me and said she was running 98hp which is strange as was mentioned to be 97 as standard so think fuel pump might have been tweaked at some point

Yes that was a fair load to think I came same way with this load on valtra and only dropped into 3rd.513c74ed07e8cea8f202167e447db1ae.jpg2092c579b115e787ffab59995093706d.jpg

Combination of the above really, nice stuff becomes logs nd try and do about 150m3 which helps cover yard rent and fills in wet days and half days, sell on some timber in lengths either for milling or oversized firewood and get a big stack together and get hizo in to chip it all to go off locally for biomass. Nothing is wasted!

Got let down too many times by people saying they were coming to collect timber off site or they would take it if I dropped it off to find they only wanted some of it so had to become self sufficient and find markets for everything which actually turns byproducts a bit extra profit.

Also thinking if we do get a quiet spell a decent tractor can always be sent off with driver to do a bit of farm trailer work