the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

[ATTACH]201495[/ATTACH][ATTACH]201496[/ATTACH][ATTACH]201497[/ATTACH][ATTACH]201498[/ATTACH][ATTACH]201499[/ATTACH][ATTACH]201500[/ATTACH]

It was off with the grab this morning and time to chain some timber in to the back. All timber shifted and site cleaned up and took the lads for a quick pub lunch. Big thanks to Steve Walker and Tom Booth for their hard work.

That wagon and grab looks and is great! i've been looking at some wagons or some form of reducing manual handling where best as possible. Used a hiab the other week to remove a big beech stem, did it in 2 cuts and gone, great way!

I passed through ingleton on monday aswell! could have popped in to say hi :001_smile:

Ian, I got it because I'm awaiting surgery on my elbows so find it hard to pull these days, I mean pull starter cord. I found it so easy to use and was great in the ivy and a bonus on a nice day not to breath fumes in all day. It lasted for the whole job hard to put a time on the trigger use. I'm so impressed that I've just ordered the back handled version for coppice works. The only issue I found was I kept forgetting to check the chain oil, because your not adding fuel its easy to forget!

That's good, well except forgetting oil for the bar but that's not a big issue more of a re training the brain.

I've been using my 150 a lot and I'm thinking of getting a back handle one for by the chipper. But now you've mentioned a back handled one you've got me thinking. My elbows are hurting a bit these days so I'm now actively looking for options and your streets ahead of my though process so I'm going to take your advice as you use it more.

That wagon and grab looks and is great! i've been looking at some wagons or some form of reducing manual handling where best as possible. Used a hiab the other week to remove a big beech stem, did it in 2 cuts and gone, great way!

I passed through ingleton on monday aswell! could have popped in to say hi :001_smile:

You should of called in. Did you see the tree from the road?

The trucks been great this year, it's been out loads. What have you been looking at?

To be fair I read contracts throughly as its responsible to do so. Nothing saying that I cannot as I am the contractor completing the works.

I don't know you to be fair and think it might be how I read the quotes comment above but it seems slightly bitter towards me? Any particular reason for this? I'll assume your kens son? As I recognise the surname.

Ian

No bitterness at all Ian as you say I don't know you but only questioned the need / idea of putting advertising signs up on the highways land ,you Answered and I replied we did recently carry out works at county hall but chose not to put a sign up.we have a log supplier in Norfolk who seems to be putting many signs up on roadsides which is messy.

Yes I am kens son and we've been in business together as partners for 30 years in East Anglia .

Two more things.

Steve "I hate SRT" Bullman, move the trampoline and fell it.

Ian and Philip, get a pub car park.

The Bridge Inn at Acle would be handy, although if it spills into the beer garden in Bond-esque style there are loads of kids playground obstacles to make things more interesting.:biggrin:

Two more things.

Steve "I hate SRT" Bullman, move the trampoline and fell it.

Ian and Philip, get a pub car park.

The Bridge Inn at Acle would be handy, although if it spills into the beer garden in Bond-esque style there are loads of kids playground obstacles to make things more interesting.:biggrin:

Message received ,don't be silly ,the bridge at Acle would be dangerous , there's a river near there!

Your post was very funny as usual!