the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Was out today planting an Aesculus indica with Arb legend Henry Girling. We had to dig/stump grind out an old Horse chestnut stump whose roots had interwoven with the surrounding granite cobbles and managed to tip the stump grinder.lol. Overall a very enjoyable morning listening to Henry tell a story or two. [ATTACH]201156[/ATTACH][ATTACH]201157[/ATTACH]

Lucky man to spend some time listening to mr Girling.

Yeah he is a true legend! He invited me into his library for a cup of coffee I could of sat there all day! Some of the photos he showed me!!! One of Him felling a 300yr old oak with a "Stihl Lightning" with a 32" bar in jeans and a t-shirt! I asked "Henry where were your ear defenders?" To which he replied "What, What" lol

Yeah he is a true legend! He invited me into his library for a cup of coffee I could of sat there all day! Some of the photos he showed me!!! One of Him felling a 300yr old oak with a "Stihl Lightning" with a 32" bar in jeans and a t-shirt! I asked "Henry where were your ear defenders?" To which he replied "What, What" lol

He was on a basic tree inspection course I did a few years ago keeping up his cpd! I got the impression what he doesn't know about trees probably wasn't worth knowing. I think he recently did the survey for the line of lime trees they are trying to remove in St Albans.

He was on a basic tree inspection course I did a few years ago keeping up his cpd! I got the impression what he doesn't know about trees probably wasn't worth knowing. I think he recently did the survey for the line of lime trees they are trying to remove in St Albans.

He is a great role model for any budding arborist! Totally dedicated to Arboriculture not for financial gains but for the aspirations to leave the world in a better shape than he entered it! And his lovely wife could spout out more botanical names than my whole department combined!

Don't often get asked to do tree work but this was an add on to some processing. Had three windblown laylandii to get down and process. Not dealt with windblown before so got Maxnaggle off here to give me hand. Tried out the new winch which made short work of these. Pictures are dissipative as they look like sticks on here but the three stems made 4 truck loads of logs.

Can thoroughly recommend Max as he works like a trooper.

IMG_0131.jpg.ecbc3064d662f9aeb412c2cc67538293.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg.3fa4514213b7332fabc2762eba6ee4ad.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg.378aa6c86d8ddeb437b2bc75bf953da2.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg.20d459fc45c8ee9936fc109adcdd36a5.jpg

Edited by Woodworks