drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

Intersting that the thread title is drugs at work but it's pretty much boiled down to cannabis at work.

For the record; I don't like the idea of drugs at work and if what you do in your own time affects what you do at work then I'd have a problem with that. I also find it amusing that (discounting all the legalities or illigalities) many see cannabis as an evil, evil drug but see absolutely no harm in alcohol. Mind you, that's an entirely different argument.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intersting that the thread title is drugs at work but it's pretty much boiled down to cannabis at work.

For the record; I don't like the idea of drugs at work and if what you do in your own time affects what you do at work then I'd have a problem with that. I also find it amusing that (discounting all the legalities or illigalities) many see cannabis as an evil, evil drug but see absolutely no harm in alcohol. Mind you, that's an entirely different argument.

Yes, its rather obscene to sit with a beer in hand tugging on a fag whilst slating smokers of canabis or any other substance (excluding the HARDER nasties)

I dont see many folk drinking wine or smoking benson and hedges to alleviate their symptoms like MS, AIDS etc:001_rolleyes:

how would anyone feel about medicinal use of such substances, when alcahol and nicotine serve no medical benifits? chewing coca leaves alleviates alltitude sickness for example.

Its all about context if you ask me, and plenty of guys drop into the bar on the way home.

There is a reason for that.

I think the difference here is that tokers think they can function adequately while under the influence of cannabis whereas people into class A substances have largely given up on working for a living and gone over to criminality to provide for themselves.

Over the years I have come across many tokers at work but never a smack head

I now work for council as well as running my own business and I still come in to work and find people (in a Government organisation) reeking of stale alcohol, blood shot eyes and half asleep at least once a week. Granted, some of them are gardeners but they're still driving vehicles etc. The only thing that gets mentioned at meetings is the possibility of one of our guys smoking weed at home and could this be an opportunity to get rid of him.

Treequip, I have met and worked with a few guys you describe. Personally I can never understand how people could work after a smoke. In your own time is a different matter as long as it doesn't affect your work. I do sometimes get annoyed at the holier than thou who preach on about the evils of smoke and then quite happily go out and get blitzed on a saturday night, maybe get in to a fight or smash a window or piss up someones car etc.

This topic has seemed to have divided opinion!! The fact is as individuals weather we tolerate the hung over or stoned colleague at work there are laws and limits. Would anyone trust a taxi driver with their family if they smelt alcohol or smelt dope? I wouldn't! So why risk your life or that of a colleague or member of the public? These are all questions that we'll answer differently, but who would be I court if the worst were to happen? Could you live with consequences for holding your tongue?

Its simple if you think somebody is under the influence of anything you challenge them about it. You don't need to be rude or aggresive about just ask them. Generally speaking people will only take offence if there on or had something anyway. Turning up to work under the influence is selfish and stupid. Nobody has the right to put mine or anybody elses safety at risk. If you're not confident enough to challenge somebody that you believe to be unfit for work then you are as culpable as they are.

Good post chopper! I think there is quite a few smack n crack meth n heads in some of the bigger London firms I have friends who work with them... Hilarious and tragic story's I hear.

Once had a lad work with me years ago who swore blind he could only do any thing if he had a toke .. Problem was he did not seem to realise he was walking around like a mongo bell end as soon as he did and was a hazard to himself and every one around him.

I took his morning spliff off him on one occasion so he made a bigger one whilst my back was turned , I could see him blazing away whilst i was up a tree then he started chipping ...only problem was the chip truck had been taken away to be emptied... And he was not noticing!

I bailed out the tree and tapped him on the shoulder restraining my self from knocking sense in to him and made him sit in the corner for the rest of the day then made sure he was fired that evening.

There is a reason for that.

I think the difference here is that tokers think they can function adequately while under the influence of cannabis whereas people into class A substances have largely given up on working for a living and gone over to criminality to provide for themselves.

Over the years I have come across many tokers at work but never a smack head

There are plenty of functioning addicts around, I've had the misfortune of working with three smackheads though none were proper arbs more casual grounds people (one female) at a previous employer.

Several of the traveller types at college at college too though would never describe them as workers

Personally I cant stand the whinging whiny pricks.

You've obviously been working in all the right circles

Lots of coke heads about too.