drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with a lot of drugs they stay in the system so its hard to say if staff have taken them days (some weeks or months) ago or they have just had them.

In the workplace this situation is not acceptable. If a colleague kills or injures themselves or others and your aware that they are drug users it would be very hard live with yourself.... and in theory be found liable for you inaction. Silence is Consent.

Calling the PCSO seems a little misplaced. I'm sure the school/college and maybe parents would of been a better option. Only thinking what my teachers and parents would of done to me in this situation.....:scared1::scared1::crying::crying:

The teacher and parents we're told as well. And he was removed from the course.

thanks for all your comments i know sacking him was the best thing to do and 2bh today i think ive done more work on my own anyway! however i know i cant manage on my own. ive already advertised the job on here so hopefully i will get a good lad out of it. all i want is someone whos not afraid of work im a bit of a slave driver but i would never expect someone to do something i couldnt and id rather work hard get stuck in then home early. dont need some idiot risking mine and everyone around them's safety just IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

I know a few companies that drug test .. They have too if doing motorway or railway work I believe it's a requirement by law to work on those types of sites.

Strangely there best climbers were not asked to go on those sites, even the boss who is heavily anti drugs new he would loose his best crew if he did.

Most of the bigger companies in NZ are now drug testing. Forestry was one of the first due to the high injury and fatality rate (not to mention the fact that employees were using newly cleared blocks as grow patches). Both Treescape, Asplundh and several others carry out pre employment, post incident and random testing. The company has no say in who is tested and in fact, as I find out yesterday, even the CEO can have his name pulled out of the hat. Smoking on the job was rife when I started both in Oz and NZ but has become less so due to the testing. In fact, I know of several people who have given up the drugs or massively cut down their intake in their private life as a direct result of testing. I used to enjoy a smoke after work myself but gave up a couple of years ago. I don't believe there's any room for drug taking at work, including alcohol and personally I'd refuse to work with anyone (and have done) that is hungover never mind wasted.

I cannot believe that no ones really mentioned alcoholics. I have lost count how many people I have known well and worked with that happily stop on the way back and buy four cans of stella and drink three on the way back home while driving the truck, then lob the empties down lane before turning into the yard. This I know happens at a lot of the well known big companies and they get away with it.

I cannot believe that no ones really mentioned alcoholics. I have lost count how many people I have known well and worked with that happily stop on the way back and buy four cans of stella and drink three on the way back home while driving the truck, then lob the empties down lane before turning into the yard. This I know happens at a lot of the well known big companies and they get away with it.

I dont see any problem with a few bevvies on way home (not condoning drink driving), the littering however is completely unacceptable:thumbdown:

If I knew a work colleague was doing drugs or drink I would refuse to work with them. When working expensive and complex machinery(agriculture) you need to be on the ball otherwise the consequences doesn't bear thinking about. The op did the right thing!! I would have done same if in that position.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2