Do you believe in Destiny? was we born with an agenda?

lets face it you can chase money forever and you still die in the end.

If you're lucky you end up doing what makes you happy.

If that makes you rich then bingo

I don't get this destiny thing though.

If that was the case then why try to get anywhere/to change anything. That is a recipe for doing nothing and waiting for your destiny to find you.

I like to believe you/your parents shape your destiny- your personality/upbringing/experiences good and bad cause you to go one way or another at every turn. It's this combination that makes you end up where you are.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets face it you can chase money forever and you still die in the end.

If you're lucky you end up doing what makes you happy.

If that makes you rich then bingo

I don't get this destiny thing though.

If that was the case then why try to get anywhere/to change anything. That is a recipe for doing nothing and waiting for your destiny to find you.

I like to believe you/your parents shape your destiny- your personality/upbringing/experiences good and bad cause you to go one way or another at every turn. It's this combination that makes you end up where you are.

Good post Mr lump.

Apparently we're about the same age (from redwoods thread), maybe that's why I agree with you a lot.:thumbup1:

And the post by the vegy grower that Hama liked a few posts back...also good:thumbup1:

Edit: I mean by Harvey... Good post bud

Edited by Albedo

I'm not sure about destiny.

This industry must have one of the highest rates of people who try it, find out they're not cut out for it, and quit.

We have all met dozens of blokes 'who used to do a bit of tree surgery'.

Maybe the elite (and I would certainly include Tony in this, and definately not myself!) were destined to do it. God-given skills in the canopy!

I'm in it for the hot chicks and all the drugs.

Well this is my story

The devil went down to Essex, he was looking for a soul to steal.

He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind and he was willin' to make a deal.

When he came across this young man sharpening an old Mcculloch self prime saw on a willow stump.

And the devil jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:

"I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a feller too.

"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

"Now you fall a pretty good tree, boy, but give the devil his due:

"I bet a Stihl of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."

The boy said: "My name's Lee and it might be a sin,

"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

Lee you oilin up your bar and fell that dead elm clean.

'Cos hells broke loose in Essex and the devil deals the cards.

And if you win you get this shiny Stihl made of gold.

But if you lose, the devil gets your soul.

The devil opened up his case and he said: "I'll start this show."

And fire flew from his fingertips as he pulled upon the pull-cord.

And he revved the saw across a big old oak and it made an evil hiss.

Then a band of demons joined in with a felling lever and the oak was at his feet with a gob oh so neat.

When the devil finished admiring his work, Lee said: "Well you're pretty good ol' son.

"But sit down in that chair, right there, and let me show you how its done."

Stick in a gob, I ain't in this game for fun.

The devil's in the house of the risin' sun.

Chicken in the bread pan, pickin' out dough.

"fell erm good fell erm low"

Don't forget to trim those buttress toes

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.

He laid that golden Stihl on the ground at Lees feet.

Lee said: "Devil just come on back if you ever want to try again.

"cause I told you once, you son of a gun, I'm the best there's ever been."

Stick in a gob, I ain't in this game for fun.

The devil's in the house of the risin' sun.

Chicken in the bread pan, now they're pickin' out dough.

"fell erm god fell erm low"

don't forget to trim those buttress toes

:thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Lee Winger

mmmm.........................

Dont know Tony, but as the grandson of a carpenter and the son of a life long forester/saw miller/woodworker I ran away to sea, but have found myself drawn back to the trees and timber and the people in an inevitable sort of way.

Couldn't be happier with it either :thumbup:

By and large I believe Providence has had an incredible affect on my life. I have always wanted to work smarter instead of harder and I feel very good about the products I have invented and marketed around the world. I have for the most part always been up for a good challenge and I find being a member of Arbtalk to be very stimulating with like minded colleagues in this industry. Good thread, Tony.

easy-lift guy

Ok following my flippant post at the beginning, I don't really know the answer. I don't know about destiny, or written in the stars or any of that. I know that when I was I'll, I had to make a choice, I could chuck it all in here and then, and get a "proper" job, or I could push on and use the "force" to motivate me back to health and back "in the saddle". The easy option was to get out, use the system, maybe get a job in Lidl or Tescos, sod that!! Marks point is a good one, I didn't wish to become one of those people who "used" to do tree work either.

I started as a computer engineer, then into building industry doing air con ductwork for 12 years.. lost 4k on a job sinking my business, on top of spending my days inside damp early stage buildings.. there had to be more... I spent a year looking after my wife through an over active thyroid and it made me think about what I really wanted from life. I'd often look from our bedroom window at the house we were in at the time and one afternoon saw a guy ascending a tree nearby, I said to my wife if I could try my hand at any job I think I'd really like to climb trees. 4 years later here I am... as for Destiny I sit on the fence. I got here through honest hard work and determination but was I meant to see that climber? All I know is I climb for work and I climb for fun, while only my family makes me happier than sitting on top a majestic oak in the middle of a field watching the world rattle by.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2