dont all laugh at once

the hedge man

I'm in, i'm 6'3 and approx 90kg.. would like to get down to 84kg to help my climbing.. just turned 40 last week so be good to get back to a 32" waist and bein lighter should reduce wear and tear on the joints.

Mr Bullman, Can you put a spreadsheet together or database that we can update weekly? free T-shirt to best overall performance based on waist size (fat boys) and % weight loss/gain.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swimming; the classic exercise where joint issues maifest. :thumbup:

Swimmings a bit of a false concept for exercise in a way. Because your muscles have to work a lot harder to get warm in the water they won't reach a point where they can start to burn fat and do you any good. You'll be knackered before you get to the same point as doing 15 minutes on a treadmill.

I hit the gym hard with a friend through may. Few times a week and eating healthy and working a few days a week. I felt 100% more motivated during work and wasn't tired by 3pm. In 3 weeks I lost 6lb and built muscle too.

If your thinking of going to the gym find a buddy to go with. Makes it a lot easier and If they are a bit of a fitness nut then it will help to push you as you try to keep up with them. Coming out the gym and struggling to drive home from weakness after a hard session is a good feeling.

Can you put a spreadsheet together or database that we can update weekly? free T-shirt to best overall performance based on waist size (fat boys) and % weight loss/gain.

:thumbup:

I'm aiming to get below 14st initially, a 2 1/2 st loss asap. Got a charity ride in sept so got to get going; a weight loss / fitness increase.

Lack of fitness meant knackered after work meaning too whacked to aero exercise meaning didn't get fitter so carried on being knackered after work and so on - viscious circle; have to break.

May be worth pointing out as well is that combining weight training with cardio training is far more effective for fat burning than doing just cardio alone. But that doesn't mean you have to do load up a brench press, just spend a few minutes every morning/evening or whenever you have 5 mins to do some press ups. Or if thats a bit tricky for some any kind of muscle working activity, lower a log behind your head then extend your arms up, replicate curls with a fuel can, training can be done with anything and can be made to fit around your lifestyle :D.

Swimmings a bit of a false concept for exercise in a way. Because your muscles have to work a lot harder to get warm in the water they won't reach a point where they can start to burn fat and do you any good. You'll be knackered before you get to the same point as doing 15 minutes on a treadmill.

I hit the gym hard with a friend through may. Few times a week and eating healthy and working a few days a week. I felt 100% more motivated during work and wasn't tired by 3pm. In 3 weeks I lost 6lb and built muscle too.

If your thinking of going to the gym find a buddy to go with. Makes it a lot easier and If they are a bit of a fitness nut then it will help to push you as you try to keep up with them. Coming out the gym and struggling to drive home from weakness after a hard session is a good feeling.

That's no good as I have a dodgy knee, a tread mill won't do it any good. Swimming is all I can do.

1,97m x 92kg here

Did put on a bit of weight over a few years, but have managed to lose it and am back down to my normal weight by eating sensibly and cutting out the crap and watching portion size - just take that 1 spoon less of a few things. Normal active lifestyle takes care of the rest.

1,97m x 92kg here

Did put on a bit of weight over a few years, but have managed to lose it and am back down to my normal weight by eating sensibly and cutting out the crap and watching portion size - just take that 1 spoon less of a few things. Normal active lifestyle takes care of the rest.

This is good advice. We simply don't need the portions we consume. We have just become so accustomed to being able to eat as much as we want to which has resulted in the general obesity of the nation.

Its ok to feel a little bit hungry and NOT go rushing to the fridge to pig out on the first thing you can find just because you can