dont all laugh at once

the hedge man

Good idea re the proof photos of scales.

I'm 6'4" and 107 kg / 16st,8lbs and fed up with it; I've put it on since 2005 when I was sub 13st, used to be in a cycling club doing RR's and TT's, walked, climbed, swam etc etc.

Then away with work a lot and behind the wheel for hours + hotel food = receipe for guaranteed weight gain. Ended that in 2008. The trouble is that in this period, ones metabolic set point moves and so weight loss with increased aerobic (not anaerobic) exercise and less calorific intake afterwards seems to do nothing.

Metabolic Set Point And Weight Loss | LIVESTRONG.COM

The other thing is metabolic type - knows yours and it really helps you know what to cut out...

Metabolic Typing: Self Test from Natural Health Yellow Pages

So I'm back on the bike after a 15+ year absence and trying to finally shift some mass. Really thinkn this thread could be a motivator.

Arbtalk Fat Club lol :laugh1:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lost 2 stone in 5 weeks.That has coincided with giving up the drink,eating healthy and running again after a few years of niggling injuries.I was 17 stone at 5'10' and felt lethargic and uncomfortable.Now I get a high from getting up in the morning and feeling great. 3 pints of strong lager has over 1000 calories and when you consider that an average mans rec calorie intake is 2550 calories there is only one obvious outcome over a period of time.Experts say that an hours vigourous exercise stimulates the body to burn fat for 3 days !

Anyone considering making adjustments to their lifestyle may want to check out the new series of the 'hairy dieters' thu bbc2 8pm. Those tubby loveable characters had a few health scares and the series shows how you can still eat nice things but balance it out with days of discipline.They have lost 3 stone each since starting the programme :thumbup1:

I have lost 2 stone in 5 weeks.That has coincided with giving up the drink,eating healthy and running again after a few years of niggling injuries.I was 17 stone at 5'10' and felt lethargic and uncomfortable.Now I get a high from getting up in the morning and feeling great. 3 pints of strong lager has over 1000 calories and when you consider that an average mans rec calorie intake is 2550 calories there is only one obvious outcome over a period of time.Experts say that an hours vigourous exercise stimulates the body to burn fat for 3 days !

Anyone considering making adjustments to their lifestyle may want to check out the new series of the 'hairy dieters' thu bbc2 8pm. Those tubby loveable characters had a few health scares and the series shows how you can still eat nice things but balance it out with days of discipline.They have lost 3 stone each since starting the programme :thumbup1:

I will watch that, I want to loose weight but I like my food, exercise apart from working is hard as I have a bad knee so jogging and fell walking are now not possible. It's doing my head in to be honest and the way I deal with it is to drink and eat. Any tips would be appreciated.:)

Each week or Month witch ever way see fit is. We upload a pic of what the scales say each time and work it off that way plus if any one uploads a pic with Pink toe nails in the pic we will no who's cheating.

Hey I know a tree surgeon who wears pink nail varnish sometimes

I will watch that, I want to loose weight but I like my food, exercise apart from working is hard as I have a bad knee so jogging and fell walking are now not possible. It's doing my head in to be honest and the way I deal with it is to drink and eat. Any tips would be appreciated.:)

Swimming; the classic exercise where joint issues maifest. :thumbup: