removing ivy?? Wear A Mask!!

the hedge man

just thought id mention to folk on here about the dangers of working with ivy, which i'm sure most of you will know about!

I did a 'quick' job a couple of days before christmas just to get some readies in for a few xmas presents. it was a ivy removal job off a tree, and with it being a wet day i thought to myself that i'd be fine without a mask- big mistake!!

first week hit hard, temp all up and down, with a chest infection to boot. thought it'd clear- first week, no, second week, no third forth etc.

time to get down the doc i thought. so got on the anti b's for a couple of weeks- still no good

a couple of months in pneumonia kicked in so hospital for me then for the next fortnight!! Great, cant' afford this!!

anyway got my fitness back about a couple of weeks ago. so i'm ready to crack on. had to let my tipper go due to the strain of no income, so lesson learned hard there.

so for the sake of wearing an unconfortable mask for a couple of hours, all this could have been avoided!! if any guys need a groundie and his mate, 4x4 access, with own tools give me a shout (30 miles radius of grantham, lincs), would be good to get back up to full speed. cheers.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've done hundreds of ivy removals off trees and house walls over the years,and never worn a mask for it and it never causes me a problem.

Do you have an allergy to it some how?

same again, are there different sorts of ivy, I think they get a poisonous one in the states, but never heard of it here